SOLVED: Cannot boot after installing Linux Mint Cinnamon

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wannabelinuxguy

SOLVED: Cannot boot after installing Linux Mint Cinnamon

Post by wannabelinuxguy »

My computer: Windows 7 HP Laptop 64bit

Okay first of all I'm a big dumb Linux Newbie. Hopefully a fast learner but I'm just starting out.
I hate W10 and am here to try to make the switch and never look back!

Okay so I followed to the letter, a procedure of adding Linux Mint 64bit Cinnamon to my HP 64 bit Windows 7 laptop.
Everything went fine. I created the Home, Swap, etc as told in the page itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16-dual-boot-windows/ (hope it's okay to put the link; if not please kill it)

So... Everything went perfectly, I got all the way through and then got the message :
NO EFI SYSTEM PARTITION FOUND. ADD AN EFI SYSTEM PARTITION.

Okay so I went to the net and somewhere I read "Create an EFI System partition of at least 2mb".
So, being perhaps too hurried, I just went back to Linux installation page where I got the message, and used the Linux wizard where I'd created the other partitions to create a partition of 2mb and called it EFI via the drop down menu.

Was this my big mistake?

NOW, neither Windows nor Linux will boot.
I went to the net and found a way to "boot repair". I ran that via the Linux USB and ended up getting a successful message:
"BOOT SUCCESSFULLY REPAIRED. You can now reboot your computer. Make your BIOS boot on ____ " (See jpg attached)

The problem is, my computer did not, will not boot, after this attempt to install Linux Mint Cinnamon, even after running Boot repair and getting a "success!" message. I cannot boot into Windows 7 NOR Cinnamon Mint!
I can get onto my computer only via the USB of Linux Mint I used to install it.

So can someone help me fix it so I CAN choose to boot between the installed Linux Mint and Windows 7 on my HP Laptop?
I feel I must be very close to success, and there must be a way.

I was thinking I probably screwed up by creating the EFI partition of 2mb...?
Should I erase the entire Linux partition and start over?

If so, how DO I avoid the "won't boot" problem next time?

Attached are my some screen shots showing my process and errors.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP! I DESPISE W10 and can't wait to join the league of Linux users and never look back to Microsoft again!
partitions made. no efi system error-sml2.jpg
linux stuff sml2.jpg
boot fixed it says.sml2.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Cannot boot after installing Linux Mint Cinnamon

Post by Pierre »

that win-7 does Not Use an EFI partition, as the win-7 does not use UEFI / GPT partitioning.
:o
you can therefore Install the LinuxMint in non-EFI mode ( ms-dos mode )
and it then will not need any EFI partition.

NB: that first screen_shot does appear to show an GPT style partitioning schema ..
& in that case, you will need to specify an EFI partition :?

so, from the LinuxMint Live Media - - can you use the program Gparted,
in order to grab another screen_shot of that drive & copy that back here, on your reply ?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Are you the one recently at CNET forums with both Lenovo and HP computer?

What is the HP model? Did it originally have W8 or W10 on it and you instead placed W7 on it?

post results from these commands.

Code: Select all

gdisk /dev/sda
parted -l (thats a small L)
blkid
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Just to say Welcome to this new member who has made great effort to provide pertinent information.
They will probably stay with Mint (I Hope). Kudos for your first post.

as opposed to new members who expect crystal balls--this is refreshing
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
wannabelinuxguy

Spearmint2 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 pm Are you the one recently at CNET forums with both Lenovo and HP computer?

What is the HP model? Did it originally have W8 or W10 on it and you instead placed W7 on it?

post results from these commands.

gdisk /dev/sda
parted -l (thats a small L)
blkid
Yes I am the one from the CNET forum.
The HP model is HP Pavilion m6-1045dx Entertainment Notebook PC Product . It was bought with W7 before W8 or 10 existed, so only ever had W7 on it.

I will have to get into it with the USB later today and give you that info you requested. Thanks.
wannabelinuxguy

Pierre wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:51 pm that win-7 does Not Use an EFI partition, as the win-7 does not use UEFI / GPT partitioning.
:o
you can therefore Install the LinuxMint in non-EFI mode ( ms-dos mode )
and it then will not need any EFI partition.

NB: that first screen_shot does appear to show an GPT style partitioning schema ..
& in that case, you will need to specify an EFI partition :?

so, from the LinuxMint Live Media - - can you use the program Gparted,
in order to grab another screen_shot of that drive & copy that back here, on your reply ?.
Hi, just fyi, as I said in my original post above I did create an EFI partition after I got the error message in the jpg you mention.
I had no idea what I was doing but I read somewhere (after seeing that error message) that my Linux install would require an EFI partition, so I went to the net and read about it and then I went back to my Linux install and created one using that partition wizard. I created one that is 2mb.

By the way from what I am reading and based on what happened during a friend of mine's install of Mint, "all I need to do is repair Grub".
But I have only a slight idea what GRUB is and certainly have no idea how to repair it!

Anyway I figure you guys would know, and tell me how if that's all I need to do.

I don't know if I mentioned it or not here, but my other question is, What if I just erase the Linux install from the partitions I created (i.e. wipe clean each partition except for my W7) and start over? But I suppose I'd end up with the same problem...?
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

W7 and never upgraded. Great. Let's make this easy on you then. Don't use the 64 bit version of Mint to install. Instead download and use the 32 bit version for install, unless the gdisk command shows you have a GPT on that drive, but considering what info you gave, I doubt that. It should be like legacy MBR setup on it.
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Suggestion only:

Win 7 is soon discontinued. So why not blow the whole mess away and just have Mint. I use nothing else and after years of cussing Windows (Win ME, Vista, 8, 8.1 and so on) I will never look back. Linux is so much better, it is just hard to believe. And Mint is the best distribution by a landslide for people coming from Windows. If you do this, you can use the 64-bit. I doubt you'll ever regret he decision.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

that copy of win-7 is most likely an 64 bit version,
& the any Installed version of LinuxMint - - really should also be an 64 bit version, too.

- - you can install LinuxMint 64bit in ms-dos style partitioning, and thus avoid any EFI / boot partition issues.

we do need to see an better screen_grab of the current HDDs layout, to see if it is in GPT / DOS mode.
So... Everything went perfectly, I got all the way through and then got the message :
that does indicate that EFI is currently in use, which is odd for win-7, as I've rarely seen that mode in use.
- - unless it's for win-8x or win-10 PCs - - not usually on win-7 PCs, though.
:?
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Pierre wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 pm that copy of win-7 is most likely an 64 bit version,
& the any Installed version of LinuxMint - - really should also be an 64 bit version, too.

- - you can install LinuxMint 64bit in ms-dos style partitioning, and thus avoid any EFI / boot partition issues.

we do need to see an better screen_grab of the current HDDs layout, to see if it is in GPT / DOS mode.
that does indicate that EFI is currently in use, which is odd for win-7, as I've rarely seen that mode in use.
- - unless it's for win-8x or win-10 PCs - - not usually on win-7 PCs, though.
:?
OK
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wannabelinuxguy

Okay, as mentioned I'm a total newbie so I ask you to spell everything out for me until I get the hang of this stuff...
so I got Linux up and running on my USB and I found Gparted and I opened it and took a picture with my phone since I don't even know how to take a screen shot with Linux. (How do I do that? for next time...)

So am posting that.

Meanwhile, "Post results from these commands" :
gdisk /dev/sda
parted -l
blkid

? Do I paste all those in the command line that comes up when I click on the $_ icon?
Then it says must use SUDO.
Does that mean I write "sudo", leave a space, then paste the command?
I have no idea...
I tried that and got this: ???

> Problem opening /dev/sda for reading! Error is 13.
> You must run this program as root or use sudo!
> mint@mint:~$ parted -l
> mint@mint:~$ blkid
> /dev/sda1: LABEL="SYSTEM" UUID="2CD46EC8D46E943C" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-01"
> /dev/sda2: UUID="1606C02006C0032B" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-02"
> /dev/sda3: LABEL="HP_TOOLS" UUID="0670D62670D61BED" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-03"
> /dev/sda5: UUID="e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-05"
> /dev/sda7: UUID="10B8-952D" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="a6486ada-07"
> /dev/sda8: UUID="395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-08"
> /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
> /dev/sda6: UUID="d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="a6486ada-06"
> /dev/sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="044E-AC17" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="65dbb3bc-02"
> mint@mint:~$ ^C
> mint@mint:~$
> sudo Problem opening /dev/sda for reading! Error is 13.
> mint@mint:~$ sudo <gdisk /dev/sda>
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> mint@mint:~$ gdisk /dev/sda
> GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.3
>
> Problem opening /dev/sda for reading! Error is 13.
> mint@mint:~$ parted -l
> mint@mint:~$ blkid
> /dev/sda1: LABEL="SYSTEM" UUID="2CD46EC8D46E943C" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-01"
> /dev/sda2: UUID="1606C02006C0032B" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-02"
> /dev/sda3: LABEL="HP_TOOLS" UUID="0670D62670D61BED" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-03"
> /dev/sda5: UUID="e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-05"
> /dev/sda7: UUID="10B8-952D" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="a6486ada-07"
> /dev/sda8: UUID="395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-08"
> /dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
> /dev/sda6: UUID="d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="a6486ada-06"
> /dev/sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="044E-AC17" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="65dbb3bc-02"
> mint@mint:~$ ^C
> mint@mint:~$
>
Sorry I'm so ignorant. My plan is to learn Linux little by little but have not done so because I can't get it up and running...
If possible please give me or refer me to a link for step by step instructions on what I have to do to help you help me.

Will have to paste the "screen shot" I took with my phone from my Windows computer as I didn't know how to take the screen shot here on Linux.

Meanwhile does anyone know how to help me get my W7 back up and running? I need to transfer files from @7 compu over to my new Lenovo with W10 but Linux Mint install (which maybe I did something wrong in installing?) won't let me boot to Windows.
gparted screenshot2.jpg
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

You can recover those files by booting to the installer you used. Once there use its file manager to locate your data files. You can then attach a drive and copy/paste them in it. Doing this circumnavigates needing to restore the broken system. We can provide more detailed instructions if you can't figure this method out.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

sudo gdisk /dev/sda
and to be sure, using sudo again (shouldn't be needed actually)

sudo lsblk
Don't need the blkid command run again, here's what it gives.

sda1: LABEL="SYSTEM" UUID="2CD46EC8D46E943C" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-01"
sda2: UUID="1606C02006C0032B" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-02"
sda3: LABEL="HP_TOOLS" UUID="0670D62670D61BED" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-03"
sda5: UUID="e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-05"
sda7: UUID="10B8-952D" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="a6486ada-07"
sda8: UUID="395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-08"
loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
sda6: UUID="d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="a6486ada-06"
sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="044E-AC17" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="65dbb3bc-02"
I shortened it to make more easily readable

sda1: LABEL="SYSTEM" "ntfs" 
sda3: LABEL="HP_TOOLS" "ntfs" 
sda5: UUID="e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96" "ext4" 
sda7: UUID="10B8-952D" "vfat" 
sda8: UUID="395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992" ext4" 
sda6: UUID="d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54" "swap" 

loop0: TYPE="squashfs"

sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="044E-AC17" "vfat" 
windows is on sda1
an HP tools section on sda3
an EFI may be on sda7, but since it follows all the windows stuff, if an EFI, it's put there by 64 bit Mint installer
swap is on sda6
mint installed to sda8
a second physical drive, flashdrive on sdb
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

I can't read the right side of the gparted image fully. If however, the sda3 part is NOT in the "extended" LVM called sda4, then can delete sda4 first,and any that remain inside it should also be gone. This is entirely an MBR setup drive. So long as 32 bit mint are still being developed, I'd install the 32 bit mint system instead of the 64 bit. Also no need to create a swap partiton, can instead create a swap file inside the mint system partition after install, just like windows uses as a pagefile in it's OS. When you install the bootloader of 32 bit Linux, point it NOT at a partition, but just the sda drive. Remember to flag the new partition for linux mint as the / mount point.

I don't know how much space you want for the windows, but it's partition can be shrunk some, giving more room to the Linux install if you want.
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
athi

Post by athi »

Looking at the screen shot,
sda1 = Win7 system partition 199MB
sda2 = Win7 installation
sda3 = HP tools partition
sda5 = / partition? Kind of small @15GB
sda6 = SWAP
sda7 = EFI partition with boot/ESP flag, kind of large @2GB
sda8 = /home partition?

Extended partition sda4 totals 98GB
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

athi wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:55 pm Looking at the screen shot,
sda1 = Win7 system partition 199MB
sda2 = Win7 installation
sda3 = HP tools partition
sda5 = / partition? Kind of small @15GB
sda6 = SWAP
sda7 = EFI partition with boot/ESP flag, kind of large @2GB
sda8 = /home partition?

Extended partition sda4 totals 98GB
That's correct. I'd left out the sda2 by mistake. All that needs saving is sda1, sda2, sda3 and then the rest can be deleted from the drive. The windows sda2 could be shrunk if he wants, then new single larger partition to put 32 bit Mint onto.
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
athi

Post by athi »

Not really sure why Mint installer created EFI partition on this machine. I have installed Mint 19.x single boot on many core2 duo machines with legacy BIOS only, in erase drive mode, without the installer creating an EFI partition. There was another poster with similar issue on a dual boot with Win7 installed with GPT on a legacy BIOS only machine that have this exact same problem. Something is triggering this behaviour, is it dual boot or GPT or EFI/UEFI firmware or combination?

Would be nice, to have a way for you to select legacy or UEFI installation in the Mint installer even if only in the "Something Else" installation.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Would be nice, to have a way for you to select legacy or UEFI installation in the Mint installer even if only in the "Something Else" installation.
I agree. Something maybe needs tweaking in the 64 bit installers for mint.
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
wannabelinuxguy

Okay, first of all I ran the boot repair from inside the Linux flash drive again and don't ask me how (?)!, then when I turned on my computer it asked me if I wanted to boot into the Notebook or to Ubuntu.
First I chose the notebook but I got the error No bootable drive.
But it DID boot into Ubuntu when I chose that option.

So... however it happened, I now have Linux Mint seemingly working on my HP laptop. Now I just have to learn how to use it... ;-D

So.... NOW... how exactly do I get the Dual Boot option which was the plan from the beginning?
In other words, now how do I keep Linux boot option but ADD BACK the Windows 7 Boot option which I had before installing Linux?

Just for the record, here is the boot info I copied and pasted before I did the "repair" and it started working.
But maybe this info will help someone tell me how to get the Dual Boot going with Windows 7 back in service?
(IF the below is too much info, tell me what part to delete and I will, or a mod can do it...?)
_______
Boot Info Script 8f991e4 + Boot-Repair extra info [Boot-Info 25oct2017]

============================= Boot Info Summary: ===============================

=> Windows 7/8/2012 is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda.
=> No known boot loader is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb.

sda1: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: ntfs
Boot sector type: Windows 7/2008: NTFS
Boot sector info: No errors found in the Boot Parameter Block.
Operating System:
Boot files: /bootmgr /Boot/BCD

sda2: __________________________________________________________________________

Operating System:
Boot files: /bootmgr /boot/BCD /Windows/System32/winload.exe

sda3: __________________________________________________________________________

Operating System:
Boot files:

sda4: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: Extended Partition
Boot sector type: -
Boot sector info:

sda5: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector info:
Operating System: Linux Mint 19.2
Boot files: /boot/grub/grub.cfg /etc/fstab

sda6: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: swap
Boot sector info:

sda7: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: vfat
Boot sector type: FAT32
Operating System:
Boot files: /EFI/ubuntu/grub.cfg /EFI/BOOT/bkpbootx64.efi
/EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi /EFI/BOOT/fbx64.efi
/EFI/ubuntu/fwupx64.efi /EFI/ubuntu/grubx64.efi
/EFI/ubuntu/mmx64.efi /EFI/ubuntu/shimx64.efi

sda8: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: ext4
Boot sector info:
Operating System:
Boot files:

sdb1: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: iso9660
Boot sector type: Unknown
Boot sector info:
Mounting failed: mount: /mnt/BootInfo/sdb1: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or mount point busy.

sdb2: __________________________________________________________________________

File system: vfat
Boot sector type: FAT16
Boot sector info: According to the info in the boot sector, sdb2 starts
at sector 0. But according to the info from fdisk,
sdb2 starts at sector 652. According to the info in
the boot sector, sdb2 has 0 sectors.
Mounting failed: mount: /mnt/BootInfo/sdb1: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or mount point busy.
mount: /mnt/BootInfo/sdb2: /dev/sdb2 already mounted or mount point busy.

============================ Drive/Partition Info: =============================

Drive: sda _____________________________________________________________________
Disk /dev/sda: 698.7 GiB, 750156374016 bytes, 1465149168 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disklabel type: dos

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sda1 2,048 409,599 407,552 7 NTFS / exFAT / HPFS
/dev/sda2 409,600 1,259,367,479 1,258,957,880 7 NTFS / exFAT / HPFS
/dev/sda3 1,464,936,448 1,465,145,343 208,896 7 NTFS / exFAT / HPFS
/dev/sda4 1,259,368,446 1,464,936,447 205,568,002 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 1,259,368,448 1,289,154,559 29,786,112 83 Linux
/dev/sda6 1,289,156,608 1,304,778,751 15,622,144 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda7 * 1,304,780,800 1,308,686,335 3,905,536 ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)
/dev/sda8 1,308,688,384 1,464,936,447 156,248,064 83 Linux

Drive: sdb _____________________________________________________________________
Disk /dev/sdb: 15.2 GiB, 16358768640 bytes, 31950720 sectors
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sdb1 * 0 3,924,479 3,924,480 0 Empty
/dev/sdb2 652 5,323 4,672 ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)

/dev/sdb1 overlaps with /dev/sdb2

GUID Partition Table detected, but does not seem to be used.

Partition Attrs Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors System
/dev/sdb1 + R 0 3,924,423 3,924,424 Data partition (Windows/Linux)
/dev/sdb2 + R 652 5,323 4,672 Data partition (Windows/Linux)

Attributes: R=Required, N=No Block IO, B=Legacy BIOS Bootable, +=More bits set

"blkid" output: ________________________________________________________________

Device UUID TYPE LABEL

/dev/loop0 squashfs
/dev/sda1 2CD46EC8D46E943C ntfs SYSTEM
/dev/sda2 1606C02006C0032B ntfs
/dev/sda3 0670D62670D61BED ntfs HP_TOOLS
/dev/sda5 e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ext4
/dev/sda6 d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54 swap
/dev/sda7 10B8-952D vfat
/dev/sda8 395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992 ext4
/dev/sdb1 2019-07-29-11-16-28-00 iso9660 Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
/dev/sdb2 044E-AC17 vfat

========================= "ls -l /dev/disk/by-id" output: ======================

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part2 -> ../../sda2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part3 -> ../../sda3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part4 -> ../../sda4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part5 -> ../../sda5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part6 -> ../../sda6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part7 -> ../../sda7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 ata-Hitachi_HTS547575A9E384_J2140059E604LA-part8 -> ../../sda8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 15 02:42 ata-hp_CDDVDW_TS-U633J_R8666GUC4008Z1 -> ../../sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 15 02:45 usb-hp_v165p_AA290D0C00000070-0:0 -> ../../sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 usb-hp_v165p_AA290D0C00000070-0:0-part1 -> ../../sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 usb-hp_v165p_AA290D0C00000070-0:0-part2 -> ../../sdb2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part1 -> ../../sda1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part2 -> ../../sda2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:47 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part3 -> ../../sda3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part4 -> ../../sda4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part5 -> ../../sda5
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part6 -> ../../sda6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part7 -> ../../sda7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 15 02:45 wwn-0x5000cca6dfdee9ca-part8 -> ../../sda8

================================ Mount points: =================================

Device Mount_Point Type Options

/dev/loop0 /rofs squashfs (ro,noatime)
/dev/sdb /cdrom iso9660 (ro,noatime,nojoliet,check=s,map=n,blocksize=2048)

=========================== sda5/boot/grub/grub.cfg: ===========================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
#
# It is automatically generated by grub-mkconfig using templates
# from /etc/grub.d and settings from /etc/default/grub
#

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
if [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
set have_grubenv=true
load_env
fi
if [ "${next_entry}" ] ; then
set default="${next_entry}"
set next_entry=
save_env next_entry
set boot_once=true
else
set default="0"
fi

if [ x"${feature_menuentry_id}" = xy ]; then
menuentry_id_option="--id"
else
menuentry_id_option=""
fi

export menuentry_id_option

if [ "${prev_saved_entry}" ]; then
set saved_entry="${prev_saved_entry}"
save_env saved_entry
set prev_saved_entry=
save_env prev_saved_entry
set boot_once=true
fi

function savedefault {
if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then
saved_entry="${chosen}"
save_env saved_entry
fi
}
function recordfail {
set recordfail=1
if [ -n "${have_grubenv}" ]; then if [ -z "${boot_once}" ]; then save_env recordfail; fi; fi
}
function load_video {
if [ x$feature_all_video_module = xy ]; then
insmod all_video
else
insmod efi_gop
insmod efi_uga
insmod ieee1275_fb
insmod vbe
insmod vga
insmod video_bochs
insmod video_cirrus
fi
}

if [ x$feature_default_font_path = xy ] ; then
font=unicode
else
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos5 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos5 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos5 e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96
else
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96
fi
font="/usr/share/grub/unicode.pf2"
fi

if loadfont $font ; then
set gfxmode=auto
load_video
insmod gfxterm
set locale_dir=$prefix/locale
set lang=C
insmod gettext
fi
terminal_output gfxterm
if [ "${recordfail}" = 1 ] ; then
set timeout=10
else
if [ x$feature_timeout_style = xy ] ; then
set timeout_style=hidden
set timeout=10
# Fallback hidden-timeout code in case the timeout_style feature is
# unavailable.
elif sleep --interruptible 10 ; then
set timeout=10
fi
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/00_header ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###
set menu_color_normal=white/black
set menu_color_highlight=black/light-gray
### END /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
function gfxmode {
set gfxpayload="${1}"
if [ "${1}" = "keep" ]; then
set vt_handoff=vt.handoff=1
else
set vt_handoff=
fi
}
if [ "${recordfail}" != 1 ]; then
if [ -e ${prefix}/gfxblacklist.txt ]; then
if hwmatch ${prefix}/gfxblacklist.txt 3; then
if [ ${match} = 0 ]; then
set linux_gfx_mode=keep
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=keep
fi
else
set linux_gfx_mode=text
fi
export linux_gfx_mode
menuentry 'Ubuntu' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
recordfail
load_video
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
if [ x$grub_platform = xxen ]; then insmod xzio; insmod lzopio; fi
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd0,msdos5 --hint-efi=hd0,msdos5 --hint-baremetal=ahci0,msdos5 e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96
else
fi
linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-58-generic root=UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-58-generic
}
submenu 'Advanced options for Ubuntu' $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-advanced-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-58-generic' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.15.0-58-generic-advanced-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
recordfail
load_video
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
echo 'Loading Linux 4.15.0-58-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-58-generic root=UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-58-generic (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.15.0-58-generic-recovery-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
recordfail
load_video
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
echo 'Loading Linux 4.15.0-58-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-58-generic root=UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ro recovery nomodeset
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-54-generic' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.15.0-54-generic-advanced-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
recordfail
load_video
gfxmode $linux_gfx_mode
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
echo 'Loading Linux 4.15.0-54-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-54-generic root=UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ro quiet splash $vt_handoff
initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-54-generic
}
menuentry 'Ubuntu, with Linux 4.15.0-54-generic (recovery mode)' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-4.15.0-54-generic-recovery-e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96' {
recordfail
load_video
insmod gzio
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='hd0,msdos5'
else
fi
echo 'Loading Linux 4.15.0-54-generic ...'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-54-generic root=UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 ro recovery nomodeset
initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-54-generic
}
}

### END /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### END /etc/grub.d/20_linux_xen ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/25_custom ###

menuentry "EFI/BOOT/bkpbootx64.efi" {
search --fs-uuid --no-floppy --set=root 10B8-952D
chainloader (${root})/EFI/BOOT/bkpbootx64.efi
}

menuentry "EFI/BOOT/fbx64.efi" {
chainloader (${root})/EFI/BOOT/fbx64.efi
}

menuentry "EFI/ubuntu/fwupx64.efi" {
chainloader (${root})/EFI/ubuntu/fwupx64.efi
}

menuentry "EFI/ubuntu/mmx64.efi" {
chainloader (${root})/EFI/ubuntu/mmx64.efi
}
### END /etc/grub.d/25_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###
menuentry 'System setup' $menuentry_id_option 'uefi-firmware' {
fwsetup
}
### END /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
### END /etc/grub.d/40_custom ###

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
if [ -f ${config_directory}/custom.cfg ]; then
source ${config_directory}/custom.cfg
elif [ -z "${config_directory}" -a -f $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
source $prefix/custom.cfg;
fi
### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=============================== sda5/etc/fstab: ================================

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
# device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
# that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
# / was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
# /boot/efi was on /dev/sda7 during installation
#UUID=10B8-952D /boot/efi vfat umask=0077 0 1
# /home was on /dev/sda8 during installation
UUID=395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992 /home ext4 defaults 0 2
# swap was on /dev/sda6 during installation
UUID=d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54 none swap sw 0 0
UUID=10B8-952D /boot/efi vfat defaults 0 1

=================== sda5: Location of files loaded by Grub: ====================

GiB - GB File Fragment(s)

602.645183563 = 647.085338624 boot/grub/grub.cfg 1
602.947246552 = 647.409676288 boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-54-generic 1
602.443275452 = 646.868541440 boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-58-generic 2
602.443275452 = 646.868541440 vmlinuz 2
602.947246552 = 647.409676288 vmlinuz.old 1
603.724605560 = 648.244359168 boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-54-generic 4
603.804466248 = 648.330108928 boot/initrd.img-4.15.0-58-generic 2
603.804466248 = 648.330108928 initrd.img 2
603.724605560 = 648.244359168 initrd.img.old 4

========================== sda7/EFI/ubuntu/grub.cfg: ===========================

search.fs_uuid e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96 root hd0,msdos5
set prefix=($root)'/boot/grub'
configfile $prefix/grub.cfg

======================== Unknown MBRs/Boot Sectors/etc: ========================

Unknown MBR on /dev/sdb

00000000 45 52 08 00 00 00 90 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |ER..............|
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000020 33 ed fa 8e d5 bc 00 7c fb fc 66 31 db 66 31 c9 |3......|..f1.f1.|
00000030 66 53 66 51 06 57 8e dd 8e c5 52 be 00 7c bf 00 |fSfQ.W....R..|..|
00000040 06 b9 00 01 f3 a5 ea 4b 06 00 00 52 b4 41 bb aa |.......K...R.A..|
00000050 55 31 c9 30 f6 f9 cd 13 72 16 81 fb 55 aa 75 10 |U1.0....r...U.u.|
00000060 83 e1 01 74 0b 66 c7 06 f1 06 b4 42 eb 15 eb 00 |...t.f.....B....|
00000070 5a 51 b4 08 cd 13 83 e1 3f 5b 51 0f b6 c6 40 50 |ZQ......?[Q...@P|
00000080 f7 e1 53 52 50 bb 00 7c b9 04 00 66 a1 b0 07 e8 |..SRP..|...f....|
00000090 44 00 0f 82 80 00 66 40 80 c7 02 e2 f2 66 81 3e |D.....f@.....f.>|
000000a0 40 7c fb c0 78 70 75 09 fa bc ec 7b ea 44 7c 00 |@|..xpu....{.D|.|
000000b0 00 e8 83 00 69 73 6f 6c 69 6e 75 78 2e 62 69 6e |....isolinux.bin|
000000c0 20 6d 69 73 73 69 6e 67 20 6f 72 20 63 6f 72 72 | missing or corr|
000000d0 75 70 74 2e 0d 0a 66 60 66 31 d2 66 03 06 f8 7b |upt...f`f1.f...{|
000000e0 66 13 16 fc 7b 66 52 66 50 06 53 6a 01 6a 10 89 |f...{fRfP.Sj.j..|
000000f0 e6 66 f7 36 e8 7b c0 e4 06 88 e1 88 c5 92 f6 36 |.f.6.{.........6|
00000100 ee 7b 88 c6 08 e1 41 b8 01 02 8a 16 f2 7b cd 13 |.{....A......{..|
00000110 8d 64 10 66 61 c3 e8 1e 00 4f 70 65 72 61 74 69 |.d.fa....Operati|
00000120 6e 67 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d 20 6c 6f 61 64 20 65 |ng system load e|
00000130 72 72 6f 72 2e 0d 0a 5e ac b4 0e 8a 3e 62 04 b3 |rror...^....>b..|
00000140 07 cd 10 3c 0a 75 f1 cd 18 f4 eb fd 00 00 00 00 |...<.u..........|
00000150 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000160 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000170 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000180 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000190 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
000001a0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
000001b0 cc 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 bc b3 db 65 00 00 80 00 |...........e....|
000001c0 01 00 00 77 e0 fd 00 00 00 00 00 e2 3b 00 00 fe |...w........;...|
000001d0 ff ff ef fe ff ff 8c 02 00 00 40 12 00 00 00 00 |..........@.....|
000001e0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
000001f0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 55 aa |..............U.|

/dev/sdb1: unknown GPT attributes

/dev/sdb2: unknown GPT attributes
Unknown BootLoader on sdb1

00000000 45 52 08 00 00 00 90 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |ER..............|
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000020 33 ed fa 8e d5 bc 00 7c fb fc 66 31 db 66 31 c9 |3......|..f1.f1.|
00000030 66 53 66 51 06 57 8e dd 8e c5 52 be 00 7c bf 00 |fSfQ.W....R..|..|
00000040 06 b9 00 01 f3 a5 ea 4b 06 00 00 52 b4 41 bb aa |.......K...R.A..|
00000050 55 31 c9 30 f6 f9 cd 13 72 16 81 fb 55 aa 75 10 |U1.0....r...U.u.|
00000060 83 e1 01 74 0b 66 c7 06 f1 06 b4 42 eb 15 eb 00 |...t.f.....B....|
00000070 5a 51 b4 08 cd 13 83 e1 3f 5b 51 0f b6 c6 40 50 |ZQ......?[Q...@P|
00000080 f7 e1 53 52 50 bb 00 7c b9 04 00 66 a1 b0 07 e8 |..SRP..|...f....|
00000090 44 00 0f 82 80 00 66 40 80 c7 02 e2 f2 66 81 3e |D.....f@.....f.>|
000000a0 40 7c fb c0 78 70 75 09 fa bc ec 7b ea 44 7c 00 |@|..xpu....{.D|.|
000000b0 00 e8 83 00 69 73 6f 6c 69 6e 75 78 2e 62 69 6e |....isolinux.bin|
000000c0 20 6d 69 73 73 69 6e 67 20 6f 72 20 63 6f 72 72 | missing or corr|
000000d0 75 70 74 2e 0d 0a 66 60 66 31 d2 66 03 06 f8 7b |upt...f`f1.f...{|
000000e0 66 13 16 fc 7b 66 52 66 50 06 53 6a 01 6a 10 89 |f...{fRfP.Sj.j..|
000000f0 e6 66 f7 36 e8 7b c0 e4 06 88 e1 88 c5 92 f6 36 |.f.6.{.........6|
00000100 ee 7b 88 c6 08 e1 41 b8 01 02 8a 16 f2 7b cd 13 |.{....A......{..|
00000110 8d 64 10 66 61 c3 e8 1e 00 4f 70 65 72 61 74 69 |.d.fa....Operati|
00000120 6e 67 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d 20 6c 6f 61 64 20 65 |ng system load e|
00000130 72 72 6f 72 2e 0d 0a 5e ac b4 0e 8a 3e 62 04 b3 |rror...^....>b..|
00000140 07 cd 10 3c 0a 75 f1 cd 18 f4 eb fd 00 00 00 00 |...<.u..........|
00000150 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
000001b0 cc 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 bc b3 db 65 00 00 80 00 |...........e....|
000001c0 01 00 00 77 e0 fd 00 00 00 00 00 e2 3b 00 00 fe |...w........;...|
000001d0 ff ff ef fe ff ff 8c 02 00 00 40 12 00 00 00 00 |..........@.....|
000001e0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|

=============================== StdErr Messages: ===============================

File descriptor 9 (/proc/2298/mountinfo) leaked on lvs invocation. Parent PID 15445: bash
File descriptor 63 (pipe:[49041]) leaked on lvs invocation. Parent PID 15445: bash

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
=================== log of boot-repair 20190915_0245 ===================
boot-repair version : 4ppa65
boot-sav version : 4ppa65
boot-sav-extra version : 4ppa65
glade2script version : 3.2.3~ppa4
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.
Warning: The driver descriptor says the physical block size is 2048 bytes, but Linux says it is 512 bytes.
Partition 4 does not start on physical sector boundary.
boot-repair is executed in live-session (Linux Mint 19.2 Tina, tina, LinuxMint, x86_64)
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
BOOT_IMAGE=/casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/linuxmint.seed boot=casper xforcevesa iso-scan/filename= ramdisk_size=1048576 root=/dev/ram rw noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll --
ls: cannot access '/home/usr/.config': No such file or directory

=================== os-prober:
/dev/sda5:Linux Mint 19.2 Tina (19.2):LinuxMint:linux

=================== blkid:
/dev/sda1: LABEL="SYSTEM" UUID="2CD46EC8D46E943C" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-01"
/dev/sda2: UUID="1606C02006C0032B" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-02"
/dev/sda3: LABEL="HP_TOOLS" UUID="0670D62670D61BED" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="a6486ada-03"
/dev/sda5: UUID="e8adb9de-64cb-40be-b829-44c467ba2e96" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-05"
/dev/sda7: UUID="10B8-952D" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="a6486ada-07"
/dev/sda8: UUID="395604a8-22ad-4c87-97c9-4aa63ad89992" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="a6486ada-08"
/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/sda6: UUID="d0597c2a-1be7-4ce0-ae75-4ef95db6cb54" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="a6486ada-06"
/dev/sdb1: UUID="2019-07-29-11-16-28-00" LABEL="Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64-bit" TYPE="iso9660" PTUUID="65dbb3bc" PTTYPE="dos" PARTUUID="65dbb3bc-01"
/dev/sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" UUID="044E-AC17" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="65dbb3bc-02"

1 disks with OS, 1 OS : 1 Linux, 0 MacOS, 0 Windows, 0 unknown type OS.

Windows not detected by os-prober on sda2.

=================== sda5/etc/grub.d/ :
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 1 05:08 grub.d
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 1 04:55 grub.d.bak
total 80
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10046 Mar 18 16:11 00_header
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6258 Mar 18 16:11 05_debian_theme
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12693 Mar 18 16:11 10_linux
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11298 Mar 18 16:11 20_linux_xen
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 559 Sep 1 05:08 25_custom
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12059 Mar 18 16:11 30_os-prober
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1418 Mar 18 16:11 30_uefi-firmware
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 214 Mar 18 16:11 40_custom
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 216 Mar 18 16:11 41_custom
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 483 Mar 18 16:11 README

=================== sda5/etc/default/grub :

# If you change this file, run 'update-grub' afterwards to update
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
# For full documentation of the options in this file, see:
# info -f grub -n 'Simple configuration'

GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true

# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

/boot/efi detected in the fstab of sda5: UUID=10B8-952D (sda7)
Presence of EFI/Boot file detected: /mnt/boot-sav/sda7/EFI/Boot/bkpbootx64.efi
Presence of EFI/Boot file detected: /mnt/boot-sav/sda7/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi
Presence of EFI/Boot file detected: /mnt/boot-sav/sda7/EFI/Boot/fbx64.efi
Presence of bkp file detected: /mnt/boot-sav/sda7/EFI/BOOT/bkpbootx64.efi
/usr/share/boot-sav/bs-cmd_terminal.sh: line 179: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input

=================== efibootmgr -v
BootCurrent: 0002
Timeout: 0 seconds
BootOrder: 3004,2001,2002,2003
Boot0000* Notebook Hard Drive BBS(HD,\FF,0x0).......................................................................
Boot0001* Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive BBS(CDROM,_\FF,0x500)................-...........A......#...................................
Boot0002* USB Hard Drive (UEFI) - hp v165p PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(1,0)/HD(1,MBR,0x65dbb3bc,0x28c,0x1240)RC
Boot0003* USB Hard Drive - hp v165p BBS(7,\FF,0x500).......................................................................
Boot0004* Ubuntu HD(4,MBR,0xa6486ada,0x4b106ffe,0xc40b802)/HD(3,MBR,0x0,0x4dc56000,0x3b9800)/File(EFIubuntugrubx64.efi)RC
Boot2001* USB Drive (UEFI) RC
Boot2002* Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive (UEFI) RC
Boot3004* EFI Internal Hard Disk or Solid State Disk RC

=================== UEFI/Legacy mode:
BIOS is EFI-compatible, and is setup in EFI-mode for this live-session.
SecureBoot disabled. (maybe sec-boot, Please report this message to boot.repair@gmail.com)

=================== PARTITIONS & DISKS:
sda1 : sda, not-sepboot, no-grubenv nogrub, no-docgrub, no-update-grub, 32, no-boot, no-os, not--efi--part, part-has-no-fstab, part-has-no-fstab, no-nt, no-winload, no-recov-nor-hid, bootmgr, is-winboot, nopakmgr, nogrubinstall, no---usr, part-has-no-fstab, not-sep-usr, standard, not-far, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda1.
sda2 : sda, not-sepboot, no-grubenv nogrub, no-docgrub, no-update-grub, 32, no-boot, is-os, not--efi--part, part-has-no-fstab, part-has-no-fstab, no-nt, haswinload, no-recov-nor-hid, bootmgr, is-winboot, nopakmgr, nogrubinstall, no---usr, part-has-no-fstab, not-sep-usr, standard, farbios, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda2.
sda3 : sda, not-sepboot, no-grubenv nogrub, no-docgrub, no-update-grub, 32, no-boot, no-os, not--efi--part, part-has-no-fstab, part-has-no-fstab, no-nt, no-winload, no-recov-nor-hid, no-bmgr, notwinboot, nopakmgr, nogrubinstall, no---usr, part-has-no-fstab, not-sep-usr, standard, farbios, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda3.
sda5 : sda, not-sepboot, grubenv-ok grub2, signed grub-efi , update-grub, 64, with-boot, is-os, not--efi--part, fstab-without-boot, fstab-has-goodEFI, no-nt, no-winload, no-recov-nor-hid, no-bmgr, notwinboot, apt-get, grub-install, with--usr, fstab-without-usr, not-sep-usr, standard, farbios, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda5.
sda7 : sda, not-sepboot, no-grubenv nogrub, no-docgrub, no-update-grub, 32, no-boot, no-os, is-correct-EFI, part-has-no-fstab, part-has-no-fstab, no-nt, no-winload, no-recov-nor-hid, no-bmgr, notwinboot, nopakmgr, nogrubinstall, no---usr, part-has-no-fstab, not-sep-usr, standard, farbios, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda7.
sda8 : sda, maybesepboot, no-grubenv nogrub, no-docgrub, no-update-grub, 32, no-boot, no-os, not--efi--part, part-has-no-fstab, part-has-no-fstab, no-nt, no-winload, no-recov-nor-hid, no-bmgr, notwinboot, nopakmgr, nogrubinstall, no---usr, part-has-no-fstab, not-sep-usr, standard, farbios, notbiosboot, /mnt/boot-sav/sda8.

sda : not-GPT, BIOSboot-not-needed, has-correctEFI, not-usb, not-mmc, has-os, 2048 sectors * 512 bytes

=================== parted -lm:

BYT;
/dev/sda:750GB:scsi:512:4096:msdos:ATA Hitachi HTS54757:;
1:1049kB:210MB:209MB:ntfs::;
2:210MB:645GB:645GB:ntfs::;
4:645GB:750GB:105GB:::;
5:645GB:660GB:15.3GB:ext4::;
6:660GB:668GB:7999MB:linux-swap(v1)::;
7:668GB:670GB:2000MB:fat32::boot, esp;
8:670GB:750GB:80.0GB:ext4::;
3:750GB:750GB:107MB:ntfs::;

BYT;
/dev/sdb:16.4GB:scsi:512:512:unknown:hp v165p:;

=================== lsblk:
KNAME TYPE FSTYPE SIZE LABEL
loop0 loop squashfs 1.8G
sda disk 698.7G
sda1 part ntfs 199M SYSTEM
sda2 part ntfs 600.3G
sda3 part ntfs 102M HP_TOOLS
sda4 part 1K
sda5 part ext4 14.2G
sda6 part swap 7.5G
sda7 part vfat 1.9G
sda8 part ext4 74.5G
sdb disk iso9660 15.2G Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
sdb1 part iso9660 1.9G Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
sdb2 part vfat 2.3M Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon 64-bit
sr0 rom 1024M

KNAME ROTA RO RM STATE MOUNTPOINT
loop0 1 1 0 /rofs
sda 1 0 0 running
sda1 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda1
sda2 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda2
sda3 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda3
sda4 1 0 0
sda5 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda5
sda6 1 0 0 [SWAP]
sda7 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda7
sda8 1 0 0 /mnt/boot-sav/sda8
sdb 1 0 1 running /cdrom
sdb1 1 0 1
sdb2 1 0 1
sr0 1 0 1 running

=================== mount:
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=4002828k,nr_inodes=1000707,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=804808k,mode=755)
/dev/sdb on /cdrom type iso9660 (ro,noatime,nojoliet,check=s,map=n,blocksize=2048)
/dev/loop0 on /rofs type squashfs (ro,noatime)
/cow on / type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=//filesystem.squashfs,upperdir=/cow/upper,workdir=/cow/work)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,nsdelegate)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/rdma type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,rdma)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,hugetlb)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=26,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=17044)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/999 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=804804k,mode=700,uid=999,gid=999)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/999/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=999,group_id=999)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda1 type fuseblk (rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda2 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda2 type fuseblk (rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda3 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda3 type fuseblk (rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda5 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda5 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda7 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda7 type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda8 on /mnt/boot-sav/sda8 type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

=================== ls:
/sys/block/sda (filtered): alignment_offset bdi capability dev device discard_alignment events events_async events_poll_msecs ext_range hidden holders inflight integrity power queue range removable ro sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4 sda5 sda6 sda7 sda8 size slaves stat subsystem trace uevent
/sys/block/sdb (filtered): alignment_offset bdi capability dev device discard_alignment events events_async events_poll_msecs ext_range hidden holders inflight integrity power queue range removable ro sdb1 sdb2 size slaves stat subsystem trace uevent
/sys/block/sr0 (filtered): alignment_offset bdi capability dev device discard_alignment events events_async events_poll_msecs ext_range hidden holders inflight integrity power queue range removable ro size slaves stat subsystem trace uevent
/dev (filtered): autofs block bsg btrfs-control bus cdrom cdrw char console core cpu cpu_dma_latency cuse disk dri drm_dp_aux0 dvd dvdrw ecryptfs fb0 fd full fuse hpet hugepages hwrng i2c-0 i2c-1 i2c-2 i2c-3 i2c-4 i2c-5 i2c-6 initctl input kmsg lightnvm log mapper mcelog media0 mei0 mem memory_bandwidth mqueue net network_latency network_throughput null port ppp psaux ptmx pts random rfkill sda sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4 sda5 sda6 sda7 sda8 sdb sdb1 sdb2 sg0 sg1 sg2 shm snapshot snd sr0 stderr stdin stdout uhid uinput urandom userio v4l vfio vga_arbiter vhci vhost-net vhost-vsock video0 zero
ls /dev/mapper: control

=================== hexdump -n512 -C /dev/sda1
00000000 eb 52 90 4e 54 46 53 20 20 20 20 00 02 08 00 00 |.R.NTFS .....|
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 f8 00 00 3f 00 ff 00 00 08 00 00 |........?.......|
00000020 00 00 00 00 80 00 80 00 ff 37 06 00 00 00 00 00 |.........7......|
00000030 55 42 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |UB..............|
00000040 f6 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 3c 94 6e d4 c8 6e d4 2c |........<.n..n.,|
00000050 00 00 00 00 fa 33 c0 8e d0 bc 00 7c fb 68 c0 07 |.....3.....|.h..|
00000060 1f 1e 68 66 00 cb 88 16 0e 00 66 81 3e 03 00 4e |..hf......f.>..N|
00000070 54 46 53 75 15 b4 41 bb aa 55 cd 13 72 0c 81 fb |TFSu..A..U..r...|
00000080 55 aa 75 06 f7 c1 01 00 75 03 e9 dd 00 1e 83 ec |U.u.....u.......|
00000090 18 68 1a 00 b4 48 8a 16 0e 00 8b f4 16 1f cd 13 |.h...H..........|
000000a0 9f 83 c4 18 9e 58 1f 72 e1 3b 06 0b 00 75 db a3 |.....X.r.;...u..|
000000b0 0f 00 c1 2e 0f 00 04 1e 5a 33 db b9 00 20 2b c8 |........Z3... +.|
000000c0 66 ff 06 11 00 03 16 0f 00 8e c2 ff 06 16 00 e8 |f...............|
000000d0 4b 00 2b c8 77 ef b8 00 bb cd 1a 66 23 c0 75 2d |K.+.w......f#.u-|
000000e0 66 81 fb 54 43 50 41 75 24 81 f9 02 01 72 1e 16 |f..TCPAu$....r..|
000000f0 68 07 bb 16 68 70 0e 16 68 09 00 66 53 66 53 66 |h...hp..h..fSfSf|
00000100 55 16 16 16 68 b8 01 66 61 0e 07 cd 1a 33 c0 bf |U...h..fa....3..|
00000110 28 10 b9 d8 0f fc f3 aa e9 5f 01 90 90 66 60 1e |(........_...f`.|
00000120 06 66 a1 11 00 66 03 06 1c 00 1e 66 68 00 00 00 |.f...f.....fh...|
00000130 00 66 50 06 53 68 01 00 68 10 00 b4 42 8a 16 0e |.fP.Sh..h...B...|
00000140 00 16 1f 8b f4 cd 13 66 59 5b 5a 66 59 66 59 1f |.......fY[ZfYfY.|
00000150 0f 82 16 00 66 ff 06 11 00 03 16 0f 00 8e c2 ff |....f...........|
00000160 0e 16 00 75 bc 07 1f 66 61 c3 a0 f8 01 e8 09 00 |...u...fa.......|
00000170 a0 fb 01 e8 03 00 f4 eb fd b4 01 8b f0 ac 3c 00 |..............<.|
00000180 74 09 b4 0e bb 07 00 cd 10 eb f2 c3 0d 0a 41 20 |t.............A |
00000190 64 69 73 6b 20 72 65 61 64 20 65 72 72 6f 72 20 |disk read error |
000001a0 6f 63 63 75 72 72 65 64 00 0d 0a 42 4f 4f 54 4d |occurred...BOOTM|
000001b0 47 52 20 69 73 20 6d 69 73 73 69 6e 67 00 0d 0a |GR is missing...|
000001c0 42 4f 4f 54 4d 47 52 20 69 73 20 63 6f 6d 70 72 |BOOTMGR is compr|
000001d0 65 73 73 65 64 00 0d 0a 50 72 65 73 73 20 43 74 |essed...Press Ct|
000001e0 72 6c 2b 41 6c 74 2b 44 65 6c 20 74 6f 20 72 65 |rl+Alt+Del to re|
000001f0 73 74 61 72 74 0d 0a 00 8c a9 be d6 00 00 55 aa |start.........U.|

=================== hexdump -n512 -C /dev/sda2
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 f8 00 00 3f 00 ff 00 00 40 06 00 |........?....@..|
00000020 00 00 00 00 80 00 80 00 37 2c 0a 4b 00 00 00 00 |........7,.K....|
00000030 00 00 0c 00 00 00 00 00 90 b8 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000040 f6 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 2b 03 c0 06 20 c0 06 16 |........+... ...|

=================== hexdump -n512 -C /dev/sda3
00000010 00 00 00 00 00 f8 00 00 3f 00 ff 00 00 28 51 57 |........?....(QW|
00000020 00 00 00 00 80 00 80 00 ff 2f 03 00 00 00 00 00 |........./......|
00000030 00 22 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |."..............|
00000040 f6 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 ed 1b d6 70 26 d6 70 06 |...........p&.p.|

=================== hexdump -n512 -C /dev/sda7
00000000 eb 58 90 6d 6b 66 73 2e 66 61 74 00 02 08 20 00 |.X.mkfs.fat... .|
00000010 02 00 00 00 00 f8 00 00 3f 00 ff 00 00 60 c5 4d |........?....`.M|
00000020 00 98 3b 00 e0 0e 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 |..;.............|
00000030 01 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|
00000040 80 01 29 2d 95 b8 10 4e 4f 20 4e 41 4d 45 20 20 |..)-...NO NAME |
00000050 20 20 46 41 54 33 32 20 20 20 0e 1f be 77 7c ac | FAT32 ...w|.|
00000060 22 c0 74 0b 56 b4 0e bb 07 00 cd 10 5e eb f0 32 |".t.V.......^..2|
00000070 e4 cd 16 cd 19 eb fe 54 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 6e |.......This is n|
00000080 6f 74 20 61 20 62 6f 6f 74 61 62 6c 65 20 64 69 |ot a bootable di|
00000090 73 6b 2e 20 20 50 6c 65 61 73 65 20 69 6e 73 65 |sk. Please inse|
000000a0 72 74 20 61 20 62 6f 6f 74 61 62 6c 65 20 66 6c |rt a bootable fl|
000000b0 6f 70 70 79 20 61 6e 64 0d 0a 70 72 65 73 73 20 |oppy and..press |
000000c0 61 6e 79 20 6b 65 79 20 74 6f 20 74 72 79 20 61 |any key to try a|
000000d0 67 61 69 6e 20 2e 2e 2e 20 0d 0a 00 00 00 00 00 |gain ... .......|
000000e0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |................|

=================== df -Th:

Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev devtmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 786M 1.4M 785M 1% /run
/dev/sdb iso9660 1.9G 1.9G 0 100% /cdrom
/dev/loop0 squashfs 1.8G 1.8G 0 100% /rofs
/cow overlay 3.9G 29M 3.9G 1% /
tmpfs tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs tmpfs 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /tmp
tmpfs tmpfs 786M 40K 786M 1% /run/user/999
/dev/sda1 fuseblk 199M 30M 170M 15% /mnt/boot-sav/sda1
/dev/sda2 fuseblk 601G 444G 157G 74% /mnt/boot-sav/sda2
/dev/sda3 fuseblk 102M 9.8M 93M 10% /mnt/boot-sav/sda3
/dev/sda5 ext4 14G 6.3G 7.0G 48% /mnt/boot-sav/sda5
/dev/sda7 vfat 1.9G 7.4M 1.9G 1% /mnt/boot-sav/sda7
/dev/sda8 ext4 73G 54M 70G 1% /mnt/boot-sav/sda8

=================== fdisk -l:
Disk /dev/loop0: 1.8 GiB, 1925435392 bytes, 3760616 sectors

Disk /dev/sda: 698.7 GiB, 750156374016 bytes, 1465149168 sectors
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xa6486ada

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sda1 2048 409599 407552 199M 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda2 409600 1259367479 1258957880 600.3G 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda3 1464936448 1465145343 208896 102M 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT
/dev/sda4 1259368446 1464936447 205568002 98G 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 1259368448 1289154559 29786112 14.2G 83 Linux
/dev/sda6 1289156608 1304778751 15622144 7.5G 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda7 * 1304780800 1308686335 3905536 1.9G ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)
/dev/sda8 1308688384 1464936447 156248064 74.5G 83 Linux

Partition table entries are not in disk order.

Disk /dev/sdb: 15.2 GiB, 16358768640 bytes, 31950720 sectors
Disk identifier: 0x65dbb3bc

Device Boot Start End Sectors Size Id Type
/dev/sdb1 * 0 3924479 3924480 1.9G 0 Empty
/dev/sdb2 652 5323 4672 2.3M ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)

=================== Suggested repair
The default repair of the Boot-Repair utility would purge (in order to fix packages) and reinstall the grub2 of sda5 into the MBR of sda.
Grub-efi would not be selected by default because: no-win-efi
Additional repair would be performed: unhide-bootmenu-10s restore-efi-backups

=================== Final advice in case of suggested repair

The boot files of [Linux Mint 19.2 Tina] are far from the start of the disk. Your BIOS may not detect them. You may want to retry after creating a /boot partition (EXT4, >200MB, start of the disk). This can be performed via tools such as gParted. Then select this partition via the [Separate /boot partition:] option of [Boot Repair]. (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootPartition)

=================== User settings
The settings chosen by the user will not act on the boot.

pastebinit packages needed
Gtk-Message: 02:46:29.237: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
E: The repository 'cdrom://Linux Mint 19.2 _Tina_ - Release amd64 20190729 bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog
debconf: (TERM is not set, so the dialog frontend is not usable.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readline
debconf: (This frontend requires a controlling tty.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Teletype
dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin:
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Boot into Linux then, run this.

update-grub
reboot, see if windows is there as option.

Also, on the boot menu, look in that "restore" option, there's two
there which may boot the windows part. However if it does, since
you used that 64 bit version Mint install, you will still have a botched up system.
I can lead a horse to water, but.....
This will continue to happen until you use the 32 bit Mint installation instead.
Also the sdb which has your Mint 64 bit installer and LIVE system on it, may be messed up anyway
since it's reporting overlapped partitions on it.

Return to “Installation & Boot”