irc rules

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
tawan

Re: irc rules

Post by tawan »

Quote of the week from the IRC goes to "villain"

.:villain:. "Windows should place an "i'm feeling lucky" button instead of "start installation" for their service packs"

:D
tawan

Post by tawan »

I'm going away for 3 weeks (My sister is getting married at the other side of the world and I have not seen her for 3.5 years)

gonna be nice :)

So I may pop into IRC but probably not.

See you when I return.
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

#linuxmint is going good there are still times we have no ops or the only op there is afk but usually its good. I was wondering if we could get a bot. mainly for factoids, seen, and the other cool things a bot can do just no Badwords Plugin and don't give it anything higher than voice. A bot isn't a replacement for good ops just a tool to help people.
tawan

Post by tawan »

Joejc wrote:#linuxmint is going good there are still times we have no ops or the only op there is afk but usually its good. I was wondering if we could get a bot. mainly for factoids, seen, and the other cool things a bot can do just no Badwords Plugin and don't give it anything higher than voice. A bot isn't a replacement for good ops just a tool to help people.
+1 Definitely useful to have factoids.
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

Since no one has replied can we just get a bot? if Husse or clem don't like it we could kill it.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea; but,
Until explicit authorization is given (technically a retraction I suppose), no bots in the channel are permitted.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'll check with the team about a factoid bot
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

easiest bot to set up is supybot. a little bit after we lost MintBot someone mentioned that that they had a supybot using the ubotu database. using the ubotu database would stop us from needing to add as many new factoids.

Husse, how do u know when theres a new reply, do you just go through all of your posts or do u have a better way and do you know when someone mentions your name?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Husse, how do u know when theres a new reply, do you just go through all of your posts or do u have a better way and do you know when someone mentions your name?
A new reply - there's the View your posts option
As soon as a reply has been posted that topic goes to the top of the list - a long list - it's presently 181 pages
There is no such option for mentioning my name - I could always use Google to search the forum but as I get a hit for everyone of my own posts that is a bit overwhelming
For those that does not use the forum much there is an option to get a mail if someone answers your topic
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

Husse wrote:
A new reply - there's the View your posts option
As soon as a reply has been posted that topic goes to the top of the list - a long list - it's presently 181 pages
There is no such option for mentioning my name - I could always use Google to search the forum but as I get a hit for everyone of my own posts that is a bit overwhelming
For those that does not use the forum much there is an option to get a mail if someone answers your topic
I figured you would have a better way because your the forum admin and you've made 15,420 posts.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I figured you would have a better way
Well - that's what phpBB offers :)
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

i got suppybot to work with ubotu s database
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

i just watch 3minutes of not stop spam (and its still going). WE NEED MORE OPS still!

to the first op that reads this please ban (~bas3@426A507E.4A992F41.E289E1E.IP): bas3

edit: been 30 min still spamming

Edit2: after 40 min of spam kuja came and banned him from spotchat =) we need more ops
Husse

Post by Husse »

Indeed we need ops
I've been thinking of ArcherSeven - what do you think?
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

ArcherSeven would make a good addition.
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

i agree, ArcherSeven would make a good op
tawan

Post by tawan »

Good idea on Archer,

I have been away for a long time now - I moved house and still can not get internet at my new place, hopefully just a few more days now...
Joejc

Post by Joejc »

would it be bad/weird to suggest my self as a op? I'm usually there when no ops are and theres someone begging to be kicked (like right now).
tawan

Post by tawan »

You're one of my favourite people on the IRC so you get my vote Joe :)
DGMurdockIII
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DGMurdockIII »

i would like to join the linuxmin irc channel/chat room but i cant even connect to the irc server i keep getting * [10053] Software caused connection abort when trying to connect to the irc server and just to make sure you channel/chat room is on the irc server irc.spotchat.org

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”