fluxbox problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
loetje

fluxbox problem

Post by loetje »

Hi,

I use mint 6 fluxbox edition.
I recently installed nautilus to be able to access my bluetooth phone. By doing this i also installed the whole gnome apps package and now my I lost my fluxbox menu. Normally i could access it by right clicking my desktop, but when I do this now I get a desktop menu for gnome, where i can create a new folder etc.
How can i undo this? I suppose sudo apt-get remove nautilus will leave the rest of the gnome apps on my system....
Also, does anybody know a good filebrowser that supports obex file browsing through bluetooth? I can't connect to my bluetooth phone using thunar (which is why i installed nautilus)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: fluxbox problem

Post by lagagnon »

Nautilus is more than a file manager, it also takes over the desktop as you have unfortunately discovered. I do not know how to remedy that situation in a Fluxbox install other than removing Nautilus.

What I would do is remove Nautilus, open a terminal and type "tail -f /var/log/messages", then connect your cellphone however you do it. Watch the log messages and you should see to what device the cellphone gets attached. You can then simply mount the cellphone yourself using the mount command. As to a good lightweight file manager check out "pcmanfm".
loetje

Post by loetje »

Mount, as in sudo mount [00:AA:09:IO or something like that] home/user/media/bluetoothphone????
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

whatever media name the system is giving the device when you look at those log messages when you finished plugging it in...

Return to “Software & Applications”