[xed] How do I update JavaScript colors?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
james-r
Level 2
Level 2

[xed] How do I update JavaScript colors?

Post by james-r »

Methods such as

Code: Select all

substring()
get coloured in blue, while others like

Code: Select all

forEach
don't.
Is it possible to fix this manually?
I am using the Kate style scheme.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
james-r
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [xed] How do I update JavaScript colors?

Post by james-r »

Bump.
james-r
Level 2
Level 2

Post by james-r »

Bump.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

You can try modifying an existing color scheme, making your own or downloading some additional schemes..

The default scheme definitions can be found in /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles. They are plain text xml files so reasonably straightforward to edit as an end user.

If you copy one (or more) to somewhere in your home directory to act as a starting point for modification once done you can add your personalised scheme via xed's Install scheme button.

For javascript highlighting you many want to refer to the contents of /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs/javascript.lang to guide you in making your modified scheme.

Also see https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GtkSour ... yleSchemes for some alternative schemes you can download and then manually add to xed.

Also these should also work - https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/279/
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Hi on a further look focusing on your specific question..... :wink:

/usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs/javascript.lang defines substring as a function, and maps functions to def:builtin, which /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles/kate.xml in turn sets as dark-blue.

forEach is not defined at all in /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs/javascript.lang so maybe tweaking that file to add the definition is the actual fix to your issue.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
james-r
Level 2
Level 2

Post by james-r »

Thank you a lot.
It worked.

Return to “Software & Applications”