Switching between work spaces

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robgoss

Switching between work spaces

Post by robgoss »

Hello everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out this this question. I know you can switch between work spaces but it does not seem to be working with the latest version of Linux mint 19.2 am I missing something

Thanks so much guys
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Switching between work spaces

Post by secureIT »

Hi robgoss ,

Right click on free position of panel and :
Panel >add > workspace switcher
Then right click on Workspace switcher and choose >properties
In the next window you can adjust the number of workspaces.
Switching by click on the workspace fields of the workspace switcher.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

You can also set a keyboard shortcut to switch workspaces. (IIRC, it used to be set by default but now it's not).
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
robgoss

Post by robgoss »

Sorry if I'm not making my question clear, I have attaching a screen shot of what I'm trying to do. I think it's probably called something else

I was under the impression it was some kind of windows switching

Thanks so much
Attachments
ctrlaltdown-578e70ac3df78c09e9539df4.png
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

That looks like Cinnamon Expo view, I haven't had Cinnamon installed for a while so I don't know if it's still built in or an applet you'd have to install nowadays. It's not available on other Mint DEs AFAIK.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
robgoss

Post by robgoss »

Hoser Rob wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 am That looks like Cinnamon Expo view, I haven't had Cinnamon installed for a while so I don't know if it's still built in or an applet you'd have to install nowadays. It's not available on other Mint DEs AFAIK.
Aw OK I was wondering what was wrong thanks so much for your help
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Flemur wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am You can also set a keyboard shortcut to switch workspaces. (IIRC, it used to be set by default but now it's not).
Pressing CTRL F1 , CTRL F2, et cetera is no longer enabled by default to switch among the various workspaces? I'm looking at upgrading my other installation (Mint 19 or 19.1) if/when I figure out how to copy(?) the printer configuration that I finally managed to get working. "Little changes" that aren't documented are often a problem for me. I have what, decades ago, in children would probably have been called a learning disability - although in my case, it stems from having a truck hit my car head-on when we were both traveling at approximately 50 miles per hour back in 1989. It might have something to do with cognitive function, I don't know. Learning new things is sometimes difficult, but "unlearning them" and replacing them with a different new thing seems to always be a tough hurdle.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Xfce”