bluetooth telephony no mic

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
winoseti
Level 2
Level 2

bluetooth telephony no mic

Post by winoseti » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 pm

I know that the bluez folks removed support for BT telephony. after 4x. you wont be seeing any mic as an input BT device. so after mint17x no mic.
They bleated that a module would have to be written downstream presumably by pulseaudio or pavucontrol.
Thing is after waiting 18x 19x still no module.
In 17x the BT worked flawlessly with or without the broadcom BT driver hcm update.

Could we expect an update in 19x. ? wishlist? Can a module be written if the hsp bandwidth is no longer available for input.?

On days that I need BT telephony I keep 17.3 as a bootable option. I do most of my work in 19.2. Makes for a clunky workday.

MrEen
Level 15
Level 15

Re: bluetooth telephony no mic

Post by MrEen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi winoseti.

Install (if necessary) and run PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol.)

On the Configuration tab set the Profile for your headset (I'm assuming that's where the mic is in your case) to HSP/HFP or headset_head_unit. Then the mic should work via Bluetooth.

Return to “Newbie Questions”