Glad to finally make the switch!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
FlowerOLife
Level 1
Level 1

Glad to finally make the switch!

Post by FlowerOLife » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello Linux users!

I, like most people, have always been limited as a Windows user, and the idea of switching to anything else has been a daunting ideal. l had several friends show me various Ubuntu OS, but still was intimidated due to my lack of understanding and the loss of that which I am familiar.

I finally made the switch to Linux Mint a few days ago, and so far, everything I see is just incredible. Now I am sitting here wondering why I didn't make the switch sooner! It is funny how we get so use to a certain way of doing things, but really, once you begin to acclimate to the changes, it just makes too much sense.

I did a duel boot from my Windows 10 machine, and now that I am using Linux, I am wondering why I don't just get rid of Windows altogether. There are a few minor bugs, and a few other settings I just haven't figured out how to configure yet, but once I get all that squared away, Windows is fired!

Thanks in advance to the Ubuntu community for the amazing support system that I can see and will likely utilize continuously. I am new to the programming aspects of computers as well, and it just makes sense to run Linux for anyone looking to become proficient at running consoles and commands, and for understanding the internal coding. I have a feeling Linux will not disappoint in providing me with that education, whereas in three days of running Linux, I have already learned more about how computer codes work than I have in a lifetime as a Windows user.

~FlowerOLife
Within every atom and every strand of DNA is a code which we can learn to understand. Our world is a GUI, and our body/mind is a BIOS. Computers are a mirror of how our existence operates.

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Glad to finally make the switch!

Post by WharfRat » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Hello FlowerOLife Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

FlowerOLife
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FlowerOLife » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks WharfRat! Glad to be here. :D
Within every atom and every strand of DNA is a code which we can learn to understand. Our world is a GUI, and our body/mind is a BIOS. Computers are a mirror of how our existence operates.

JerryF
Level 11
Level 11

Post by JerryF » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Welcome!
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your ORIGINAL post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members when browsing posts.

FlowerOLife
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FlowerOLife » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 pm

@WharfRat

May I ask where and how you got the Linux emoji in your signature? I love it!

bob466
Level 5
Level 5

Post by bob466 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:26 am

Welcome to the Forum. Image
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image

Return to “Introduce yourself”