Taskbar the upper right side screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sonofman

Taskbar the upper right side screen

Post by Sonofman »

Hello... I'm not sure what Linux calls it but any program or browser or whatever this area in the pic is too tiny for my liken, any way to enlarge it? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LanceM

Re: Taskbar the upper right side screen

Post by LanceM »

Need more information. Please put this command in the terminal and post the results.

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
I'm guessing you are using Cinnamon 19.x. I fixed mine to look like this:
Titlebar.jpg
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

I think you are on Cinnamon from your posting history? Assuming yes you can get some alternative window borders themes including "big buttoned" versions of the stock Mint window borders - viewtopic.php?f=208&t=272414

To up the font size for the Titlebar - Menu > Preferences > Font Selection > Amend Window Title Font Size.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Thank you. And sorry I am using Cinnamon 19.2. ... Right now under the window's border I have 15 to choose from can I have more? thanks
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

You can make that bigger by increasing font size on the titlebar. System Settings>Font Selection>Window Title Font>Change the default 10 to desired size, I use 12
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Thanks, I did that but it would be nice if I could put more different styles then the ones that are listed. I like how under Windows are big enough and spaced apart enough
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Can you follow surphos directions in the link he gave? If you decide to do that, we can help you to get it configured.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Sonofman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 am Thank you. And sorry I am using Cinnamon 19.2. ... Right now under the window's border I have 15 to choose from can I have more? thanks
You can get some more via themes downloaded via the Themes settings module download tab

These ones all include window borders

1) The Adapta Variants
2) Cinnamox variants
3) Ambiance-Crunchy
4) CBlack
5) Chrome OS
6) iOS-X
7) Jade1
8) Pragmatic Darker Blue
9) Windows 10

There are a few themes in Software manager with Cinnamon compatible window-borders - see this list for package names to consider installing...

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?sear ... c&arch=any

Otherwise go hunting through - https://www.pling.com/browse/cat/125/order/latest/
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

blueocean wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 pm Can you follow surphos directions in the link he gave? If you decide to do that, we can help you to get it configured.
Hi... I believe I did do what he mentioned. I ran those 3 lines into the Terminal and I believe it is why I have those 15 to choose from. When I ran that last line with the zip file I didn't see the Terminal do anything. Thanks
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

smurphos wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:32 am
Sonofman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 am Thank you. And sorry I am using Cinnamon 19.2. ... Right now under the window's border I have 15 to choose from can I have more? thanks
You can get some more via themes downloaded via the Themes settings module download tab

These ones all include window borders

1) The Adapta Variants
2) Cinnamox variants
3) Ambiance-Crunchy
4) CBlack
5) Chrome OS
6) iOS-X
7) Jade1
8) Pragmatic Darker Blue
9) Windows 10

There are a few themes in Software manager with Cinnamon compatible window-borders - see this list for package names to consider installing...

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?sear ... c&arch=any

Otherwise go hunting through - https://www.pling.com/browse/cat/125/order/latest/
Hi... Thank you for this but I'm curious how do I get them to install. I would be happy if I could just get one window's border that looks like windows 10. That link you post with package / file what am I supposed to do with any of them?
For instance this

File Packages
/usr/share/muffin/theme/metacity-theme-3.xml muffin-common

What does one do with it? Thanks
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

I think you might have looked at the wrong link. The instructions are pretty lucid proving you know how to open your command terminal and use it.
viewtopic.php?f=208&t=272414
If you need more help post back.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

I don't know maybe you're right. This is what I did in Terminal, is there more and how so, thanks
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Now go to System Settings and click themes. Click Windows Borders and click Esco or any others you want to try.
Last edited by LanceM on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

Maybe you misunderstood me I did and I said there like 15 different ones I can select but I'm asking if I can add more to the list, those 15 that are there I don't like any of them. Maybe I can make it simpler is there any that has the same look as windows? I would be happy even with that, thanks
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Sonofman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm Maybe you misunderstood me I did and I said there like 15 different ones I can select but I'm asking if I can add more to the list, those 15 that are there I don't like any of them. Maybe I can make it simpler is there any that has the same look as windows? I would be happy even with that, thanks
There may be, but I don't know. Isn't Esco much better than default?
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

These are the ones I can choose from pic, if you see all of them seem so close together or small. If you look at the windows pic it nice size and a good distance apart from each other. Something like that would be nice if possible, thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/DfB4dR9b/20191025-155039.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sXBfY075/20191025-155057.jpg

Anything is better than default, why that is default I don't get it
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

I just tried something I think might work for you/ Go here:
https://www.cinnamon-look.org/p/1319251/
If you like them, download it to your downloads or desktop then right click and extract. Open the folder and copy the folders in there. Now open your Home and enable hidden by Ctrl + H. look for .themes folder. Open it and paste the ones you copies into it. Now go to Settings and Themes and pick the one you like.
To hide hidden files in your Home just press Ctrl + H again.
There are not a lot available.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

Mint Xfce has a large window border included. I like Xfce pretty well. Has some really good features.
Xfce.jpg
Sonofman

Post by Sonofman »

I try one of those color ones from your link it would be perfect if they were spread it out more, they are so close together.
LanceM

Post by LanceM »

What size screen do you have? Are you using a touchpad and having trouble getting the pointer on them? Only thing I know is to increase that font size.

Return to “Beginner Questions”