Taskbar the upper right side screen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
smurphos
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Taskbar the upper right side screen

Post by smurphos »

Sonofman wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 am
Hi... Thank you for this but I'm curious how do I get them to install. I would be happy if I could just get one window's border that looks like windows 10. That link you post with package / file what am I supposed to do with any of them?
For instance this

File Packages
/usr/share/muffin/theme/metacity-theme-3.xml muffin-common

What does one do with it? Thanks
Hi,

So the ones downloadable from the themes module.

Menu>Preferences>Themes>Add/Remove>Select Theme > Install Button

Then apply

The packages from the repo search link you can find in Software Manager, Synaptic or you can install via the command line. E,g in a terminal

Code: Select all

apt install mate-themes
Software manager

/usr/share/muffin/theme/metacity-theme-3.xml muffin-common is a red herring - that's already pre-installed in cinnamon.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

smurphos
Level 15
Level 15

Post by smurphos »

Would this work for you?

if so...

Unzip
Simple-Window-Border-Teal.zip
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
to your ~/.themes folder

It's modified from https://www.cinnamon-look.org/p/1319251/ to give slightly bigger buttons.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

LanceM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by LanceM »

Sonofman wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:30 pm
Thanks for everything you have done but this Linux is really P ing me off. My wifi network isn't showing up but everybody else in my area is
Is this on Cinnamon or you live Xfce? Your network must be working if you made a post here? By showing do you mean it's not on your panel applets?
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.
Mint accepts donations: https://linuxmint.com/donors.php

LanceM
Level 7
Level 7

Post by LanceM »

I think smurphos hit the nail on the head for you. That Simple Window Border Teal looks exactly like what you want.
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.
Mint accepts donations: https://linuxmint.com/donors.php

Sonofman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sonofman »

@smurphos Thanks for that. I have installed the Xfce version now. I'm taking a break from Linux, not giving up just a break.

@blueocean Thank you to you as well for your help. To answer your question no the wifi doesn't show for my router but it shows all my neighbors but not mine, weird. I had to make a WiFi hotspot with my smartphone to make a wifi connection afterward I did the Driver Manager update and it show my PCI wifi card, afterwards it worked... By the way, I have 3 PCs beside me when I'm sitting down, W10p & W10LTSC and Linux ....It's the reason why I want to try Linux, I have the extra for it... I will be back lol

Return to “Newbie Questions”