[ANSWERED] or [SOLVED] A PDF editor where I can name the annotations & have a good overview

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
InChrist
Level 4
Level 4

[ANSWERED] or [SOLVED] A PDF editor where I can name the annotations & have a good overview

Post by InChrist »

Hi :-)

I use Okular as my favorite PDF editor right now as I see it very helpful with annotations. But annotations are not nameable which makes it difficult to find the wished ones in a big PDF file. I could additionally make a bookmark for the page which is nice. So, it is kind of duble work. This is OK, but let me know if you know a better way or better software.

According to my screenshot: I would also need that I do not need to click on the page first and then on the user to swing out the annotation in the overview.
Instead all annotations shall be able to be named and displayed in a list instantly fully visible.
And best would be also sortable according to appearance in the PDF and also alphanumerically.

Greetings
Klaus
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Visit my profile link for NOW AND ETERNITY.
Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.6 wm: muffin dm: LightDM
Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal
inxi -Szxx from 2020 03 25
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: A PDF editor where I can name the annotations & have a good overview

Post by JoeFootball »

InChrist wrote: This is OK, but let me know if you know a better way or better software.
Not sure if this would be helpful for you, but I came across this article on PDFs in this week's edition of DistroWatch Weekly.

Joe
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

The article that Joe mentions mentions pdf arranger which is a good tool but on Mint you will have to install it via a PPA found here:
https://www.linuxuprising.com/2018/12/p ... op-or.html
I also find MasterPDF a good editor for pdf files. you'll have to download it from here if you want to try it. https://code-industry.net/free-pdf-editor/#get
I know MasterPDF will do what you want not sure about PDF arranger.
Good Luck.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
InChrist
Level 4
Level 4

Post by InChrist »

Thanks to both of you.

In the page about PDF arranger my wished features are not in the feature list.

In the page about MasterPDF it is named Master PDF Editor. This one I have already installed with the Software Manager (Flathub) and tested. It is not helping more than Okular for my wishes.

What is PPA?

:-) Extended wishes :-) >>
According to my screenshot: I would also need that I do not need to click on the page first and then on the user to swing out the annotation in the overview.
Instead all annotations shall be able to be named and displayed in a list instantly fully visible.
And best would be also sortable according to appearance in the PDF and also alphanumerically.

Blessings
Klaus
DisturbedDragon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by DisturbedDragon »

Foxit Reader should work spot on for you. I use it exclusively and I believe does all you are looking for.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16C/32T | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe | 2x 2TB Inland Gen4 NVMe | 32GB Trident Z DDR4 3600 | Nvidia RTX4090 | Fedora 39 Cinnamon | Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon | Kernel 5.15.x lowlatency
wolfeman28

Post by wolfeman28 »

DisturbedDragon wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:56 pm Foxit Reader should work spot on for you. I use it exclusively and I believe does all you are looking for.
I'll second the Foxit recommendation. The interface isn't 'pretty', but it does what it needs to do and does it well.
InChrist
Level 4
Level 4

Post by InChrist »

The description on https://www.heise.de/download/product/f ... 6/download looks interesting.
But right now I have no peace to use it.

Return to “Software & Applications”