[SOLVED] Start Menu resize

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Start Menu resize

Post by jimisbell »

Is there a way to increase the size of the menu that pops up when you click on "menu" The font is too small for me to read easily. Or maybe just resizing the font. I have tried every place that offers font modification and cant find one that affects that font so maybe just making the menu bigger will work. It only fills about 1/4 of the screen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Start Menu resize

Post by trytip »

rightclick on panel > Themes > Add/Remove > refresh then search for Graphite-One it has a decent fonts size for menu and calendar. you can try both themes

if you don't like them you can delete the folders in .themes personally i like the green tinted
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jimisbell »

When I right click on panel the choices I have are:

"add to panel"
"add to desktop"
"add to favourites"
"Uninstall"

I am running Mint 19.2 maybe its different.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

maybe, who knows
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

jimisbell wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:52 pm I am running Mint 19.2 maybe its different.
Which Desktop Environment jimisbell? (Cinnamon, MATE, or XFCE)
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jimisbell »

Cinnamon
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

In Font Selection from the menu increase the Text Scaling Factor. If needed downgrade the other set font sizes a little bit to compensate.

Before

After

The issue is the menu font size is controlled directly by the Cinnamon Desktop theme. Some themes offer tools to amend that.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jimisbell »

That worked perfectly. Problem solved. Thank you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”