Reset while installing updates-now system not boot properly

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kwisher

Re: Reset while installing updates-now system not boot properly

Post by kwisher »

Give your root password and you will be at a terminal prompt. Then type "apt-get update" then "apt-get upgrade" (no quotes). You may be given instructions to run another command. I have been in this same situation before and followed the instructions give and it fixed the problem. I was not in the middle of a kernel upgrade though so I am not sure about my suggestions. There is one other command you can try if the above does not work:

Code: Select all

apt-get -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=yes dist-upgrade
Hope this helps.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

At this point I cannot offer any suggestions but to reinstall Mint. I am sure someone here can help you with this problem but it really would be much faster to reinstall.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

You don't say whether it is 32bit or 64bit, I am assuming 32bit, but it is the same issue for a library missing; find the library, and replace the bad one, see if you get a boot and a good fs (file system) check/scan..

Raising the skinny elephant is utterly boring.
http://www.junauza.com/2009/01/linux-ke ... afely.html
http://www.geekology.co.za/blog/2009/06 ... ly-boring/

Try
--the sysreq key if not marked is the Print Screen key
  • Alt+SysRq+r r - put keyboard in raw mode
    Alt+SysRq+s s - sync the disk
    Alt+SysRq+e e - terminate all processes
    Alt+SysRq+i i - kill all processes
    Alt+SysRq+u u - remount all filesystems read only
    Alt+SysRq+b b - reboot the system
The only other thing you can try is to locate the lib file (/lib/libuuid.so.1 ) that is corrupted, elsewhere in the system, and replace it, perhaps you could get it from the live CD..

Return to “Software & Applications”