move menu panel to top? [solved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

move menu panel to top? [solved]

Post by freshtamatic »

Is there a way to move the entire bottom panel to the top of the screen?
Last edited by freshtamatic on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
deck_luck
Level 5
Level 5

Re: move menu panel to top?

Post by deck_luck »

I know you can on XFCE, and I am sure you can on the other desktop environment. If you reply with the your desktop environment, you will get the proper response. How to get help
🐧Linux Mint 19 XFCE 💡Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

You can move the panel by right clicking on a blank spot on the panel and selecting move, Then click mouse on the top of screen panel will be moved.
Good Luck.
Last edited by kc1di on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by freshtamatic »

deck_luck wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 pm
I know you can on XFCE, and I am sure you can on the other desktop environment. If you reply with the your desktop environment, you will get the proper response. How to get help
I'm on the Cinnamon sub forum, take a guess at what DE I'm using ;)
freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by freshtamatic »

kc1di wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:39 pm
You can move the panel by right clicking on a blank spot on the panel and selecting move, Then click mouse on the top of screen panel will be moved.
Good Luck.
Perfect, thanks worked like a charm!!
deck_luck
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deck_luck »

freshtamatic wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm

On such a newb question, you never know if the question is in the right sub category and it happens a lot. It never hurts to get the right specific information before replying with instructions or morse code. :wink:
🐧Linux Mint 19 XFCE 💡Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Ah, but Freshtamatic has been here for a while. For example, they know how to mark a topic as [SOLVED]. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
deck_luck
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deck_luck »

Isn't kc1di the cutest? :wink:

Sorry if I offended anybody, it was not my intentions.
freshtamatic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by freshtamatic »

deck_luck wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:54 pm
freshtamatic wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:42 pm

On such a newb question, you never know if the question is in the right sub category and it happens a lot. It never hurts to get the right specific information before replying with instructions or morse code. :wink:
Yeah, I keep switching to MATE and XFCE and back to Cinnamon, so I forget the simplest things sometimes.

Return to “Cinnamon”