Newbie Here...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hokkyo

Newbie Here...

Post by Hokkyo »

Hello

I am new and excited to embark on the Linux journey. I have created a USB boot stick and have been playing with Linux Mint 19.3 of & on for a couple of days. Trying to learn the ins & outs of this OS. I will be installing the OS on a new SSD mounted in a HP Pro Book 450.

I have been using win 7 and I cannot bring myself to switch to win 10. I hope to migrate all my current work to Linux machines. I will have a couple of challenges. First, I use Quickbooks 2013 for my business. and I enjoy using iTunes to manage my music, audio books, and to update & backup my Apple devices. Secondly, I have been using microsoft Outlook for many years. I am not tied to the email part, bur I am joined at the hip with the calendar.

I will be asking some very newbie questions and as a rule I seem to come up with questions that are difficult as well. I am looking forward to chatting with you and using your offered solutions to my little problems.

Thanks in advance
Hokkyo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Newbie Here...

Post by deck_luck »

Welcome to the Linux Mint community. I hope you enjoy your Linux journey. :D
🐧Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE (UEFI - Secure Boot Enabled) dual boot with Windows 11

Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Hokkyo Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Hi Hokkyo,
welcome to our forum.
:)

there does seem to be an whole pile of folks, that are very reluctant to "upgrade" to that win-10 system.
:lol:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Hokkyo,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

Return to “Introduce Yourself”