[Solved] How to switch off the maximize feature on screen borders?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] How to switch off the maximize feature on screen borders?

Post by mintmdrescher »

Hi list member,

it's all in the subject: How can I switch off the window maximize feature on screen borders in xfce?

Thanks, Martin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to switch off the maximize feature on screen borders?

Post by trytip »

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/preferences

in the button layout drag the buttons you don't want away from title bar (active > hidden)

mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mintmdrescher »

trytip wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/preferences

in the button layout drag the buttons you don't want away from title bar (active > hidden)
[...]
This was not what I meant, but close enough ti stumble over the item "Automatically tile windows...." in the Accessibility menu. This did the trick.

Thanks!
PhilAypee
Level 3
Level 3

Post by PhilAypee »

mintmdrescher wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:35 am
trytip wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 am https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/preferences

[...]
This was not what I meant, but close enough to stumble over the item "Automatically tile windows...." in the Accessibility menu. This did the trick.

Thanks!
It's perhaps a bit picky but in Mint Xfce 19.3 its Settings Manager - Windows Manager Tweaks - Accessibility.

I disliked this behaviour and made this alteration some time ago but I'd forgotten how I did it - it's not age but I'm a congenital stroke victim and that isn't good for my memory.

If you feel so sorry for me that you want to send a card just fold a twenty pound note in two, sign it, wrap it in two fifty pond notes, put it all in an envelope and address it to me. I won't get better but I'll enjoy getting worse :!:
Take care,
Phil.

Minimize your therbligs until it becomes automatic;
this doubles your effective lifetime – and thereby gives time to enjoy
butterflies and kittens and rainbows.

LM 19.3 Xfce 64 bit - 4Gb RAM Dual Core Celeron N3350
🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃
mintmdrescher
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mintmdrescher »

[...]
It's perhaps a bit picky but in Mint Xfce 19.3 its Settings Manager - Windows Manager Tweaks - Accessibility.
Picky it is. But you're right any way
I disliked this behaviour and made this alteration some time ago but I'd forgotten how I did it - it's not age but I'm a congenital stroke victim and that isn't good for my memory.

If you feel so sorry for me that you want to send a card just fold a twenty pound note in two, sign it, wrap it in two fifty pond notes, put it all in an envelope and address it to me. I won't get better but I'll enjoy getting worse :!:
Sorry, you're out, €uro only :-)
But if you decide to come as a tourist some day, I'll buy you a beer.

Return to “Xfce”