Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Re: ACER laptop - no headphone or subwoofer audio

Post by N7_X »

I'm thinking your early assumption that the power & audio bugs were realated is the answer. Unfortunately I may need to reinstall my Mint, because pulseaudio seems to be doa on boot and I have to manually start it. Not a big deal but I'd like to figure out exactly what worked.
Also any other users having this issue may want to see exactly what we did to fix it. Maybe a clean install is the best thing so I can figure it out.

Okay, so I did the TLP fix here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php ... 9#p1825039
The Ryzen power fix here: https://github.com/pastaq/Acer-Ryzen-Helios-AC-Fix
And I set 0x21 with the following settings:

Code: Select all

[Connectivity: Jack],[Location: Left],[Device: Headphone],[Jack: 3.5 mm]
[Color: Green],[Jack detection: Present],[Channel group: 3],[Channel in group: Front]

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

MrEen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 pm
For the audio delay, this should fix that, but will require a reboot:

sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel.conf <<<'options snd-hda-intel power_save=0'
I'll see if that's due to my TLP settings... I'll uninstall TLP and see what happens after a reboot.
MrEen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:29 pm
And answer this, which OS is running?!?

Found it:

Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia \n \l DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia" NAME="Linux Mint" ID=linuxmint ID_LIKE=ubuntu PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 19.3" HOME_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.ubuntu.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic
:lol: Mighty Mint. The same we've been working on, which makes me very happy.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

I'm also afraid to suggest rebooting, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Can you get the speakers working as well?

Pulseaudio is dead because we caused that. For now, just use pulseaudio --start, then fix the change we made to client.conf in /etc/pulse

I.e., put it back to this:

; autospawn = yes

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

remove --purge tlp
Rebooted, audio seemed to kick in immediately, but then I unplugged the headphones to test speakers.
Speakers worked instantly, so that's good. Plugged headphones back in and speakers stopped, but the headphones didn't start playing for a few seconds.
Let me see if that audio delay is still in place after running the modprobe change.
MrEen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 pm
I'm also afraid to suggest rebooting, but I don't know what else to do at this point. Can you get the speakers working as well?

Pulseaudio is dead because we caused that. For now, just use pulseaudio --start, then fix the change we made to client.conf in /etc/pulse
How quickly I forget...

EDIT: Heard the audio click off again after the music ended. Changing the powersave option and rebooting. Then I'll restore pulseaudio.
Dear lurkers and latecomers, change 1 thing at a time. So you know what to undo if something breaks again.

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

Quick update, the sleepy audio seems to be solved thanks for that!
Restored pulseaudio and rebooted, got the startup chime.
Correction to earlier, the speaker does not immediately stop playing when I put in earbuds. They continue for a few seconds and then it switches.
However it immediately switches to speakers if I unplug the headphones. Not a big deal, I can easily live with this if it is something we can't change.
Again, I ran into that problem when testing the audio on Windows, so it may just be a quirk of the laptop.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

Hehe.

I did find this difference between old and new, but no idea of the significance:

Old:
Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out
Control: name="Headphone Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
Device: name="ALC299 Analog", type="Audio", device=0
Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0
Amp-Out vals: [0x41 0x41]
Converter: stream=5, channel=0
PCM:
rates [0x60]: 44100 48000
bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
formats [0x1]: PCM
Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
Power: setting=D0, actual=D0
New:
Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x41d: Stereo Amp-Out
Control: name="Headphone Playback Volume", index=0, device=0
ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
Device: name="ALC299 Analog", type="Audio", device=0
Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x57, nsteps=0x57, stepsize=0x02, mute=0
Amp-Out vals: [0x31 0x31]
Converter: stream=0, channel=0
PCM:
rates [0x60]: 44100 48000
bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
formats [0x1]: PCM
Power states: D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
Power: setting=D0, actual=D0

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

N7_X wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:46 pm
Quick update, the sleepy audio seems to be solved thanks for that!
Restored pulseaudio and rebooted, got the startup chime.
Correction to earlier, the speaker does not immediately stop playing when I put in earbuds. They continue for a few seconds and then it switches.
However it immediately switches to speakers if I unplug the headphones. Not a big deal, I can easily live with this if it is something we can't change.
Again, I ran into that problem when testing the audio on Windows, so it may just be a quirk of the laptop.
That's not an issue I've ever seen mentioned before, and sounds like a finicky jack detection switch. Maybe a shot of compressed air into the port will clear it.

And, considering the kernel patch, it does actually sound like a issue with that laptop. That's why other couldn't get the speakers working, so they got rid of the headphone switch so speakers would work. I guess using alsamixer to change the speaker mute was not advanced enough of an idea to try. :wink:
Last edited by MrEen on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

Interesting... By default I believe 0x21 would set itself to Channel 5 when I first retasked it. Don't know if that's relevant, but that's what it reminded me of.

Worth a shot, I can *try* to remember to bring it to work with me and blow the port out. Cheers!

So now back to the bass speaker... I have a feeling the power issue affected it too, so maybe it'll cooperate now?
Where would you suggest we start? I think you said 0x02 was the speaker volume and 0x03 was headphone. In that case, I'll trace the lines from 0x02 to see what pins are available for LFE and start trying one of those.

EDIT: 0x02 goes to 0x14(speaker), 0x16, 0x17, 0x1b, 0x21(headphones).
Last edited by N7_X on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

Sounds like a good plan.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

N7_X wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 pm
Interesting... By default I believe 0x21 would set itself to Channel 5 when I first retasked it. Don't know if that's relevant, but that's what it reminded me of.
Actually, it was originally 3:

"Channel" was set to 3, and "Channel (In group)" was set to 30 & 31
EDIT: And this is in your new setting:

[Channel in group: Front]
N7_X wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:52 pm
Worth a shot, I can *try* to remember to bring it to work with me and blow the port out. Cheers!

So now back to the bass speaker... I have a feeling the power issue affected it too, so maybe it'll cooperate now?
Where would you suggest we start? I think you said 0x02 was the speaker volume and 0x03 was headphone. In that case, I'll trace the lines from 0x02 to see what pins are available for LFE and start trying one of those.

EDIT: 0x02 goes to 0x14(speaker), 0x16, 0x17, 0x1b, 0x21(headphones).
Try 16 or 17 first I think. We got kinda close to lucky earlier with those.
Last edited by MrEen on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

0x17: Changed to Internal Speaker (LFE) and I have the SW working!
Tested in Sound Settings as well as the speaker-test command you gave me earlier.

My assumption is that we had a power issue that the Ryzen fix resolved and allowed the audio to work properly.
So maybe I'll bite the bullet and try a reinstall, see what happens?

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

Sounds like a good idea!

Start with a fresh install and make the few correct changes and then NEVER UPDATE THE SYSTEM!! :lol:

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

MrEen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 pm
Sounds like a good idea!

Start with a fresh install and make the few correct changes and then NEVER UPDATE THE SYSTEM!! :lol:
How're you reading my mind right now?! :P

Seriously though, it's getting very late so I might not get back to this until later. Thank you so very much for all your help, I greatly appreciate it all.
I'll update the OP with my fix (after I figure out exactly what it was) so other users can easily find the solution when this pops up in Google eventually.

Is there any way to make the hdajackretask changes permanent without the boot override? Just out of curiosity, not too worried about it.

EDIT: Takes exactly 4 seconds after plugging in the headphones for the audio to switch to them.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

N7_X wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:08 pm
MrEen wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 pm
Sounds like a good idea!

How're you reading my mind right now?! :P
Great minds think alike! :)
N7_X wrote:
Seriously though, it's getting very late so I might not get back to this until later. Thank you so very much for all your help, I greatly appreciate it all.
I'll update the OP with my fix (after I figure out exactly what it was) so other users can easily find the solution when this pops up in Google eventually.
No problem there. I'm already late for bed myself.
N7_X wrote:
Is there any way to make the hdajackretask changes permanent without the boot override? Just out of curiosity, not too worried about it.
Well, hdajackretask applied the patch(es) in /etc/modprobe.d I believe and named them all hda-jack-retask.fw. It appears it made 4 of them in your case and that was before adding the SW fix.
N7_X wrote:
EDIT: Takes exactly 4 seconds after plugging in the headphones for the audio to switch to them.
I'm really wondering if that is a quirk of the system. Still wouldn't hurt to try cleaning the port just in case.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

The patches might actually be in /lib/firmware, and are just referenced from /etc/modprobe.d. In fact, I'm even guessing at that. I got that impression from this section:

!!Modprobe options (Sound related)
!!--------------------------------

snd_pcsp: index=-2
snd_usb_audio: index=-2
snd_atiixp_modem: index=-2
snd_intel8x0m: index=-2
snd_via82xx_modem: index=-2
snd_atiixp_modem: index=-2
snd_intel8x0m: index=-2
snd_via82xx_modem: index=-2
snd_usb_caiaq: index=-2
snd_usb_ua101: index=-2
snd_usb_us122l: index=-2
snd_usb_usx2y: index=-2
snd_cmipci: mpu_port=0x330 fm_port=0x388
snd_pcsp: index=-2
snd_hda_intel: patch=hda-jack-retask.fw,hda-jack-retask.fw,hda-jack-retask.fw,hda-jack-retask.fw
Usually, as you had done yourself at one time, mods to snd-hda-intel are done in /etc/modprobe.d and may be in alsa-base.conf, or any other .conf in that directory.

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Re: <SOLVED> ACER laptop - no headphone or subwoofer audio

Post by N7_X »

Alrighty then, I may reference this if I ever get to a point where I want to write my own *.sh to automatically patch the audio issue.
OP has been updated with the solution. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I appreciate you helping me out on this for so long, sticking with me, and ultimately finding the solution. You're a credit to the Linux Mint community MrEen!

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

Whoops, going to bed now since I got the basics down, but pavucontrol doesn't give me the 2.1 audio control option.
How did we do that again? I'll add it to the OP

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

It should be there on the Configuration tab. The HDMI card is probably set to Off, and the other is most likely set to Analog Stereo Duplex. See if rm'ing ~/.config/pulse once more helps. Otherwise, let's see pacmd list-cards.

Glad our over 200 posts back and forth didn't go to waste!

I also want to thank you for not giving up. Without your tenacity to get it solved, you'd probably be listening to your headphones though a USB adapter right now. I usually hate giving in, and it's fun when the person I'm helping is the same.

Enjoy! :D

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

HA! Don't this just figure! I finally get hda_analyzer working on my machine and a teeny-tiny bit of understanding of it, and Ubuntu will be dropping Python2 when 20.04 is released. Therefore, same for Mint 20. The program is written in Python2.

It was written in 2008 and last updated in 2012 by one of the main ALSA developers. I doubt with the switch to the SOF project that he'll have much time to update the code for quite a while.

Boy how I wish I'd stuck with programming way back when!

EDIT: Looks like there will be legacy support on further reading.

Now I found something interesting in the differences between working and not (note the availability of speakers and headphones in the working is as it should be):
Not working:

Card #1
	Name: alsa_card.pci-0000_0a_00.3
	Driver: module-alsa-card.c
	Owner Module: 8
	Properties:
		alsa.card = "1"
		alsa.card_name = "HD-Audio Generic"
		alsa.long_card_name = "HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0200000 irq 102"
		alsa.driver_name = "snd_hda_intel"
		device.bus_path = "pci-0000:0a:00.3"
		sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:08.1/0000:0a:00.3/sound/card1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.vendor.id = "1022"
		device.vendor.name = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]"
		device.product.id = "1457"
		device.product.name = "Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller"
		device.string = "1"
		device.description = "Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller"
		module-udev-detect.discovered = "1"
		device.icon_name = "audio-card-pci"
	Profiles:
		input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 60, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6060, available: yes)
		off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	Active Profile: output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
	Ports:
		analog-input-internal-mic: Internal Microphone (priority: 8900, latency offset: 0 usec)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-input-microphone"
			Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority: 8700, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
			Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority: 10000, latency offset: 0 usec)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-speakers"
			Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
		analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority: 9000, latency offset: 0 usec)
			Properties:
				device.icon_name = "audio-headphones"
			Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
Working:

Card #1
	Name: alsa_card.pci-0000_0a_00.3
	Driver: module-alsa-card.c
	Owner Module: 8
	Properties:
		alsa.card = "1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.string = "1"
	Profiles:
		input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (sinks: 0, sources: 1, priority: 60, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 6000, available: yes)
		output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (sinks: 1, sources: 1, priority: 6060, available: yes)
		off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	Active Profile: output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
	Ports:
		analog-input-internal-mic: Internal Microphone (priority: 8900, latency offset: 0 usec)
			Properties:
		analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority: 8700, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
		analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority: 10000, latency offset: 0 usec, not available)
			Properties:
		analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority: 9000, latency offset: 0 usec, available)
			Properties:
It's really looking to me like that Channel (in group):Front instead of Channel (in group):Channel 30 & 31 may have been the clincher.

And I'm thinking that caused this change:
Working:

> jacks_do
card=0
numid=1,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=3 Jack'
  ; type=BOOLEAN,access=r-------,values=1
  : values=off
numid=7,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=7 Jack'
numid=13,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=8 Jack'
numid=19,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=9 Jack'
card=1
numid=14,iface=CARD,name='Headphone Jack'
  : values=on
numid=13,iface=CARD,name='Internal Mic Phantom Jack'
numid=12,iface=CARD,name='Mic Jack'
numid=15,iface=CARD,name='Speaker Phantom Jack'
Not working:

> jacks_do
card=0
numid=1,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=3 Jack'
numid=7,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=7 Jack'
numid=13,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=8 Jack'
numid=19,iface=CARD,name='HDMI/DP,pcm=9 Jack'
card=1
numid=80,iface=CARD,name='Headphone Phantom Jack'
numid=79,iface=CARD,name='Internal Mic Phantom Jack'
numid=78,iface=CARD,name='Mic Jack'
numid=81,iface=CARD,name='Speaker Phantom Jack'
Remember me mentioning the numbering being messed up? They're not messed up anymore. The above is basically the same as from this part:

state.Generic_1 {
	control.1 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Volume'
		value.0 87
		value.1 87
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
	control.2 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.3 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 -6525
			dbvalue.1 -6525
		}
	}
	control.4 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Speaker Playback Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.5 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Auto-Mute Mode'
		value Enabled
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type ENUMERATED
			count 1
			item.0 Disabled
			item.1 Enabled
		}
	}
	control.6 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 63'
			dbmin -1725
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 -1725
			dbvalue.1 -1725
		}
	}
	control.7 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 2
		}
	}
	control.8 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mic Boost Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 3'
			dbmin 0
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
	control.9 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Internal Mic Boost Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 3'
			dbmin 0
			dbmax 3000
			dbvalue.0 0
			dbvalue.1 0
		}
	}
	control.10 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Volume'
		value 49
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type INTEGER
			count 1
			range '0 - 87'
			dbmin -6525
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 -2850
		}
	}
	control.11 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'Master Playback Switch'
		value true
		comment {
			access 'read write'
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.12 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Mic Jack'
		value false
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.13 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Internal Mic Phantom Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.14 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Headphone Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.15 {
		iface CARD
		name 'Speaker Phantom Jack'
		value true
		comment {
			access read
			type BOOLEAN
			count 1
		}
	}
	control.16 {
		iface PCM
		name 'Playback Channel Map'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access read
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 36'
		}
	}
	control.17 {
		iface PCM
		name 'Capture Channel Map'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
		comment {
			access read
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 36'
		}
	}
	control.18 {
		iface MIXER
		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
		value.0 254
		value.1 254
		comment {
			access 'read write user'
			type INTEGER
			count 2
			range '0 - 255'
			tlv '0000000100000008ffffec1400000014'
			dbmin -5100
			dbmax 0
			dbvalue.0 -20
			dbvalue.1 -20
		}
	}
}
Now all nicely sequential with no jumps. And an actual headphone jack instead of a headphone phantom jack.

N7_X
Level 3
Level 3

Post by N7_X »

I take back what I said earlier - tlp is needed for this fix to actually work. Sound didn't work when I got home, so I had to start all over again to see what was wrong.

Turns out that setting 0x17 in hdajackretask and setting a boot override doesn't survive reboot... Not sure why, since it seemed to work yesterday, but there's that. Experimenting a little, but it's been and will continue to be a busy day,

pacmd list-cards

2 card(s) available.
    index: 0
	name: <alsa_card.pci-0000_08_00.1>
	driver: <module-alsa-card.c>
	owner module: 7
	properties:
		alsa.card = "0"
		alsa.long_card_name = "HD-Audio Generic at 0xf0680000 irq 100"
		device.bus_path = "pci-0000:08:00.1"
		sysfs.path = "/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.1/0000:06:00.0/0000:07:00.0/0000:08:00.1/sound/card0"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.vendor.id = "1002"
		device.vendor.name = "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]"
		device.product.id = "aaf8"
		device.string = "0"
		device.description = "HD-Audio Generic"
	profiles:
		output:hdmi-stereo: Digital Stereo (HDMI) Output (priority 5400, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround: Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI) Output (priority 300, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround71: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI) Output (priority 300, available: no)
		output:hdmi-stereo-extra1: Digital Stereo (HDMI 2) Output (priority 5200, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround-extra1: Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI 2) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround71-extra1: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI 2) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		output:hdmi-stereo-extra2: Digital Stereo (HDMI 3) Output (priority 5200, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround-extra2: Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI 3) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround71-extra2: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI 3) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		output:hdmi-stereo-extra3: Digital Stereo (HDMI 4) Output (priority 5200, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround-extra3: Digital Surround 5.1 (HDMI 4) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		output:hdmi-surround71-extra3: Digital Surround 7.1 (HDMI 4) Output (priority 100, available: no)
		off: Off (priority 0, available: unknown)
	active profile: <off>
	ports:
		hdmi-output-0: HDMI / DisplayPort (priority 5900, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
				device.icon_name = "video-display"
		hdmi-output-1: HDMI / DisplayPort 2 (priority 5800, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
		hdmi-output-2: HDMI / DisplayPort 3 (priority 5700, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
		hdmi-output-3: HDMI / DisplayPort 4 (priority 5600, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
    index: 1
	name: <alsa_card.pci-0000_0a_00.3>
	driver: <module-alsa-card.c>
	owner module: 8
	properties:
		alsa.card = "1"
		device.bus = "pci"
		device.string = "1"
	profiles:
		input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Input (priority 60, available: unknown)
		output:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Output (priority 6000, available: unknown)
		output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo: Analog Stereo Duplex (priority 6060, available: unknown)
		off: Off (priority 0, available: unknown)
	active profile: <output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo>
	sinks:
		alsa_output.pci-0000_0a_00.3.analog-stereo/#0: Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller Analog Stereo
	sources:
		alsa_output.pci-0000_0a_00.3.analog-stereo.monitor/#0: Monitor of Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller Analog Stereo
		alsa_input.pci-0000_0a_00.3.analog-stereo/#1: Family 17h (Models 00h-0fh) HD Audio Controller Analog Stereo
	ports:
		analog-input-internal-mic: Internal Microphone (priority 8900, latency offset 0 usec, available: unknown)
			properties:
		analog-input-mic: Microphone (priority 8700, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
		analog-output-speaker: Speakers (priority 10000, latency offset 0 usec, available: no)
			properties:
		analog-output-headphones: Headphones (priority 9000, latency offset 0 usec, available: yes)
			properties:
And thank you for that, I can be quite stubborn if I believe there's a good reason for it :lol:

Interesting output and differences... Huh, I'll take a closer look when I have more time. Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”