FIREFOX crashing..plz help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lvleph

Re: FIREFOX crashing..plz help

Post by lvleph »

Which version of firefox? In terminal

Code: Select all

firefox --version
Do you have a 64bit system with gnome-globalmenu?

EDIT:
Have you tried

Code: Select all

firefox -safe-mode
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lvleph

Post by lvleph »

If you don't know you have globalmenu then you don't. You could try to uninstall and then reinstall firefox. As of right now I cannot see what the issue might be.
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

I suspect you might have bad RAM or a faulty hard drive. At the boot menu run memtest and see what happens...
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

Is FF crashing on video intensive websites such as Flash? If so, and also with Totem then I suspect you have an incorrect/faulty video card driver for that card. Show us the output to:

inxi -G
timvb

Post by timvb »

I'm having the same problem: when I run firefox it loads up, and sometimes starts opening the previous pages, then crashes. Running firefox in terminal gives me "Segmentation Fault." Same is true for Totem.

When I run Firefox as root ("sudo firefox") then it works. Same with Totem. But that's quite annoying on all sorts of levels! I've tried completely removing firefox, deleting .mozilla from home directory, then reinstalling. Same problem.

When I launch Amarok, that crashes immediately with a signal 11 (SIGSEGV) fault. When I run as root (via terminal) it does start, with various error messages on display.

This is all quite recent, maybe a week or so ago. I have all the updates (levels 1-3) from mintUpdate, and I recently marked all upgrades in Synaptic to give that a try (it upgraded the kernel) but again this hasn't solved anything.

(Mint 7, Gnome)

Help would be appreciated before I start thinking about a fresh install :(

Return to “Software & Applications”