Time in calendar applet in panel loops

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ctulhu

Time in calendar applet in panel loops

Post by Ctulhu »

Hi all

I am running Mint 19.3 (fresh install) and yesterday the time in the calendar applet in panel stopped working. I set it to network time (Pacific Standard Daylight Time) and

sudo hwclock

shows that the hardware clock is working fine, but the time now loops through 08:04 all the time: the second 08:59 is reached it goes back to 08:00. (My other laptop, also with Mint 19.3 (updated from 19.2) works fine. I tried restarting Cinnamon, nothing, I tried re-syncing via ntpd but I can't imagine it's that since hwclock works - any thoughts?

Thanks,
C
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ctulhu

Re: Time in calendar applet in panel loops

Post by Ctulhu »

Update: I haven't done anything to the laptop but now the date/time applet is looping through 09:04 although hwclock is still showing the correct time.
Ctulhu

Re: Time in calendar applet in panel loops

Post by Ctulhu »

Update: I haven't done anything to the laptop but now the date/time applet is looping through 10:04 although hwclock is still showing the correct time. It seems as if the hour is always that of the correct time, but the minute is 'frozen' ...

Return to “Software & Applications”