Anyone use Vuze?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndyP79

Anyone use Vuze?

Post by AndyP79 »

Hey All,
I have seen Vuze around, but I think I used it a while back on a different computer with no luck. But I got a new one. Anyone had any luck with this or something like it?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Anaxis

Re: Anyone use Vuze?

Post by Anaxis »

I've actually had better luck with Vuze than I have had with Transmission. That, and Transmission doesn't offer even half the configuration options I've seen in Vuze.

Call me a die-hard fanboy, but I use Vuze quite regularly, and it's one of the first packages I install with every new Linux/Windows installations, sometimes not even on my own computer (I have a few friends who've now become die-hard fanboys like me because of it).

There's a bit of a hiccup that occurs occasionally in Vuze for Mint, because the Vuze in the repositories is actually an older version, and it sometimes gets stuck in a download-restart-update-forget it updated-restart again loop, but this is easily fixed by editing one of the config files. Let us know if this happens and I'll walk you through fixing it.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Never used Vuze, actually installing it now to try it.

I use Deluge and it's perfect as a BitTorrent client, really easy to use but has lot a more options than Transmission.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
meskarune

Post by meskarune »

I like vuze becuase of the built in encryption capabilities. But deluge is also very nice. I also use opera's bit torrent client for smaller files and when I'm too lazy to open another program.
Anaxis

Post by Anaxis »

No, unfortunately until someone updates the repositories, one-click downloads from the MintMenu won't be very easy or clean. But if you know what to do with a .tar.gz, you'll be able to install pretty easily.

Return to “Beginner Questions”