Launchers, applications, & file associations.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rbloch66

Launchers, applications, & file associations.

Post by rbloch66 »

I installed wine and installed a couple of basic windows apps.
One is for playing midi files, and the other is for playing .abc format files.

The applications handle the file types well. I've successfully configured both file types to open up their respective programs.

However, the difficulty I'm having is that the files do not load within the application. I can open the files from within the program, but that's a little inconvenient.

How do I configure the settings that will allow me to click on, as an example, a midi file, and have it play within the app?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RedWagon

Re: Launchers, applications, & file associations.

Post by RedWagon »

Depending on how Wine is setup you can right click on the file and go to open with Wine Application Launcher or something like that. That used to work for me with Office, but nwo my Wine setup is way out there and that doesnt' work anymore so I can't really look into to it more for you.

Return to “Beginner Questions”