NoUsb Option

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stockdam

NoUsb Option

Post by stockdam »

There is a problem with the USB on my computer (the PC freezes when the drivers are loaded so I want to be able to disable USB support when booting a LiveCD.

In some versions of Linux you have a NOUSB option but I don't think this is supported in Mint.

Is there a way to do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: NoUsb Option

Post by lagagnon »

I believe all kernel parameters are supported: http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation ... meters.txt
So "nousb" should work.
stockdam

Post by stockdam »

Can anyone confirm this as I thought that the nousb option wasn't implemented (maybe I'm wrong)....I'm using Mint 6.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

stockdam wrote:Can anyone confirm this as I thought that the nousb option wasn't implemented (maybe I'm wrong)....I'm using Mint 6.
Can't you confirm it yourself by using the command on the kernel boot, either temporarily by editing at the boot menus or just by editing the /boot/grub/menu.1st file as root
  • alt F2
    --get a run dialog
    gksu gedit /boot/grub/menu.1st
    --edit the menu.1st file and save change.
Alternatively open the file as root from the Nautilus file manager (right click file or directory /boot/grub ), enter your user password and make the change to menu.1st file

Return to “Installation & Boot”