NordVPN doesn't always autoconnect

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iain_33
Level 3
Level 3

NordVPN doesn't always autoconnect

Post by iain_33 »

I use NordVPN on Mint 19.3 MATE. After installing it and logging into it, I set it to autoconnect using nordvpn set autoconnect on, and most times when I boot up I get a popup telling me it's connected. Every now and then though, I check in the terminal with nordvpn status and it tells me it's disconnected. I manually connect it, and it works fine.

Any suggestions please for how to make sure it connects every time?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop (2020)
fstjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Re: NordVPN doesn't always autoconnect

Post by fstjohn »

Go to the NordVPN website support section. You can do a live chat with support. They know their stuff.
jameskga
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jameskga »

My friend used Mint 18.3 Xfce edition, and autoconnect worked perfectly for her. She noticed that after upgrading to 19.3 Cinnamon, her autoconnect no longer connected every time after startup.

I am interested to hear what NordVPN tells you.
They say your favorite Mint edition was the one you installed when you still went to school with your friends.
I am out there
iain_33
Level 3
Level 3

Post by iain_33 »

My old laptop's out of action at the moment as I've taken it's HDD out to transfer stuff to my new laptop, so I'll report back when I get the old one back together / when I install NordVPN on the new one.
jameskga
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jameskga »

Good. I look forward to it!
They say your favorite Mint edition was the one you installed when you still went to school with your friends.
I am out there
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

iain_33 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:39 am I use NordVPN on Mint 19.3 MATE. After installing it and logging into it, I set it to autoconnect using nordvpn set autoconnect on, and most times when I boot up I get a popup telling me it's connected. Every now and then though, I check in the terminal with nordvpn status and it tells me it's disconnected. I manually connect it, and it works fine.
Get rid of the NordVPN client and download their .ovpn configuration files, which can be imported into Connection Manager. The NordVPN client just adds another layer of unnecessary complexity.
jameskga
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jameskga »

I wholeheartedly agree. How do you get those files?
I am out there
iain_33
Level 3
Level 3

Post by iain_33 »

Your reply just prompted me to check, and surprise surprise, it's disconnected, even though checking nordvpn settings tells me autoconnect is on (I'm now on Cinnamon). I'll try NordVPN's support section, but will keep the Connection Manager route in mind.

Return to “Software & Applications”