Hey folks! :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Neojade13
Level 1
Level 1

Hey folks! :)

Post by Neojade13 »

I suppose a bit about me then...hmm.

I'm a 38 year old male, living in upper Wisconsin, USA. 8 year Army veteran just finished my IT-Web & Software Degree and currently working retail. :evil: <-- LOL. Unfortunately, Wisconsin for IT development has become super saturated and it's hard to get an entry level job now days. :( So ... I need to say some positive stuff now lol.

I'm a big Marvel fan, I think Gambit is my favorite hero because his powerset is just so amazing. Quicksilver is my #2 (don't get me started on what they did to him in Ultron!) Cheese cake is my favorite desert. I've had a peach flavored cheesecake sometime in my life and I have been searching all my life to find one again haha. Sonic is my favorite fast food. I'm a hobbyist webdev just learning to use Vuejs. I have used PHP, MariaDB for many, many years and know just about all the "best practices" and efficient things to do now. So I figure the next thing to learn is javascript frameworks. I've developed my own form of MVC with PHP using the Presenter model and it works great!

I did 2 years at Fort Riley, KS back when 2 year enlistments were a thing (2000) and rejoined and did my last 6 at Fort Campbell, KY/TN. I really love the state of TN good people and area.

Not sure what else to write here lol. I've been using linux dual booting since RH4 and helping others to install systems while I was in the Army and getting others on the linux bandwagon. Admittedly, a lot of them when the Ubuntu route but 3 of my good friends still using LM :D

PS: OH! The best part! As of today I'm single booting LM MATE now! As I've told everyone LM Mate has changed my life and I'm forever thankful for it.

Have a good one!
deck_luck
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Hey folks! :)

Post by deck_luck »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forum. :wink:
🐧Linux Mint 19 XFCE 💡Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
kc1di
Level 16
Level 16

Post by kc1di »

Hello Neojade13,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, enjoy! :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
murray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by murray »

Greetings Neojade13 and welcome to the forum!
Running Mint 19.3 Cinnamon on an Intel NUC8i5BEH with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

Welcome to the Forum. :D
Linux For Ever...Windoze Never Image
agewa79
Level 1
Level 1

Post by agewa79 »

Hi and welcome :)
deepakdeshp
Level 18
Level 18

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Forum
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 processor . Memory 8GB

Return to “Introduce yourself”