I'm facing a issue with my Wi-Fi card QCA6174, which is dropping my connection randomly, but, I noticed that if I try to check my connection speed(speedtest.net/pt), its instantly, So I think this is related some how with the "high use".
But it does not happen when I route internet from my phone
Why? I've searched some theories, and some people think that this is related to Ipv6, and my phone internet does not provide Ipv6. (Just guessing).
I've searched for this problem and it seems to be a firmware problem, but it only happen in linux systems (I didn't test it, but I read a lot about it).
I found some Topics in here regarding similar issues, but I couldn't find an answer that really fixed it.
I'm gonna let some information below that maybe will make things more easy.
Code: Select all
$ uname -a Linux mintPC 5.4.0-39-generic #43~18.04.1-Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/LINUX
Code: Select all
~$ lspci 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 08) 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake GT2 [HD Graphics 520] (rev 07) 00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/E3-1500 v5/6th Gen Core Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 08) 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 21) 00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP Thermal subsystem (rev 21) 00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP CSME HECI #1 (rev 21) 00:17.0 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode] (rev 21) 00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev f1) 00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 9d1a (rev f1) 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 21) 00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP PMC (rev 21) 00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21) 00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SMBus (rev 21) 00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I219-LM (rev 21) 01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 32) 02:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader (rev 01)
Code: Select all
$ dmesg [ 4113.553447] wlp1s0: deauthenticating from 2a:21:86:95:85:eb by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING) [ 4113.585230] wlp1s0: authenticate with c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c [ 4113.626564] wlp1s0: send auth to c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (try 1/3) [ 4113.627882] wlp1s0: send auth to c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (try 2/3) [ 4113.629153] wlp1s0: send auth to c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (try 3/3) [ 4113.630372] wlp1s0: authentication with c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c timed out [ 4118.617158] wlp1s0: authenticate with c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c [ 4118.658043] wlp1s0: send auth to c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (try 1/3) [ 4118.660854] wlp1s0: authenticated [ 4118.665674] wlp1s0: associate with c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (try 1/3) [ 4118.667793] wlp1s0: RX AssocResp from c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c (capab=0x11 status=0 aid=1) [ 4118.670421] wlp1s0: associated [ 4118.670552] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x804c [ 4118.670553] ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a country code [ 4118.670554] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search [ 4118.670555] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3b [ 4118.670556] ath: Country alpha2 being used: BR [ 4118.670557] ath: Regpair used: 0x3b [ 4118.670558] ath: regdomain 0x804c dynamically updated by country element [ 4118.690762] wlp1s0: Limiting TX power to 30 (30 - 0) dBm as advertised by c8:5d:38:0d:8d:9c [ 4122.261390] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: Corrected error received: 0000:00:1c.0 [ 4122.261415] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Data Link Layer, (Transmitter ID) [ 4122.261429] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER: device [8086:9d14] error status/mask=00001000/00002000 [ 4122.261439] pcieport 0000:00:1c.0: AER:  Timeout
Please let me know if you need more details.
I also want to say that, I already tried to download and replace the firmware from the repository:
https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmwar ... 174/hw3.0/
Thank you in advance!!
Ps: I'm from Brazil, its a little hard for me to explain this stuff in English, I'm sorry if it is confusing.