Hibernate and Mint Linux 20 Ulyana

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
limbot

Hibernate and Mint Linux 20 Ulyana

Post by limbot »

Strange issues with Hibernate under Ulyana

1. If you use terminal (systemctl hibernate) works fine
2. If you use hibernate from the power control menu - works fine
3. If you set power management to hibernate on close lid (Dell E7270) then it "recovers" back to the desktop and you can't do anything until you hit the physical power button when it then brings up options.

"Better" description:
1. Close Lid
2. Hibernates
3. Open Lid
4. Push power button
5. Desktop, can move mouse but not click anything
6. Press power button
7. Login screen
8. Login
9. Hibernated windows appear but power panel is over the top

What's weird that is if I do it from CLI or I do it from the power panel it all works properly....

Ideas, thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lomby

Re: Hibernate and Mint Linux 20 Ulyana

Post by lomby »

I have the same issue here on Mint 20 Ulyana (Thinkpad T480s) but I have my lid close power settings set to lock screen.

1. When I close the lid and reopen it I can see my desktop which is unresponsive.
2. I can either hit the power button to see the login screen or I can simply just type my password blindly into the unresponsive desktop and it logs me in.

I did a clean install, however, I did keep my home directory which is on a separate partition. After 24 hours of use, it appears to be my only issue. Not a huge issue for me personally but it'd be great to find a fix!
closeLeo

Post by closeLeo »

Well, if you've resolved the problem, could you write it here, please?
pingvinen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pingvinen »

I have the same problem with "close lid" while suspending. Typing the password blindly works. Suspend due to timeout works fine.
Kirara

Post by Kirara »

Had this happen a few times in the last two days on a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, but can't replicate the problem reliably somehow.
Thanks for the hint with the power button. I was using reisub to overcome the unresponsive desktop.
jdtanner

Post by jdtanner »

**Bug filed https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon-s ... issues/342 please update with your own observations.**
lomby

Post by lomby »

I'm pretty sure this is now fixed for me after applying the latest cinnamon-desktop update?

Return to “Other topics”