Dark Text

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sevenmpd
Level 3
Level 3

Dark Text

Post by sevenmpd »

Good evening All posted this question a week ago on Thunderbird forum but got no replies, so having do a quick search of posts I need to ask for suggestions please I'll post word for word my post on Thunderbird
'Since moving to Linux Mint 20 cinnamon I have notice that the text both in the display panel and when writing very black it almost looks as if your using bold but when you do select both the blackness of the text doesn't change the text just get thicker. Not wish to confuse anyone I dont have a problem with 'bold' it's just in general the text is very black and in your face ! Anyway to change it ? Thanks'
H
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hydrurga
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Dark Text

Post by hydrurga »

Have you tried changing the colours with Edit->Preferences->Formatting (the second icon down on the left)?
sevenmpd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sevenmpd »

Thanks for suggestion I did give it a go but it didn't really change the issue
H
hydrurga
Level 5
Level 5

Post by hydrurga »

But wouldn't changing the text colour to a grey not make the text less "in your face" and less "very black" which is what you are looking for?
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Are you using a custom theme? Try another one.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
sevenmpd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sevenmpd »

Thanks for suggestions when I gave it a try I found I could lighten the text using hydrurga suggestion but it only altered the text in the read/write window the rest didn't change. also I,m not using a theme
H

Return to “Beginner Questions”