Can Someone Check The Player On This Site?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DavidS

Can Someone Check The Player On This Site?

Post by DavidS »

Hi,

I visit this site on a regular basis and find that when the audio plays in mint, no player controls load at the top of the Dreamland player. When I am in Windows, it works great!

Website URL: www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland

Click on Listen Now

Then when it loads you will see no player controls. I also tried this in Mandriva and all controls DO display.

Also, you will notice that the audio is pretty choppy thru-out.

What can I do to correct these two challenges?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Can Someone Check The Player On This Site?

Post by linuxviolin »

DavidS wrote:Hi,

I visit this site on a regular basis and find that when the audio plays in mint, no player controls load at the top of the Dreamland player. When I am in Windows, it works great!

Website URL: http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland

Click on Listen Now

Then when it loads you will see no player controls. I also tried this in Mandriva and all controls DO display.

Also, you will notice that the audio is pretty choppy thru-out.
I tested it in CentOS (I have not a Mint box here for now) with the MPlayer plug-in and there is absolutely no problem. Yes, "when it loads you will see no player controls" but when it begins to play the controls appear... And there is absolutely no problem with the audio. Now, I listen it, I type this post and aMule download some files, all this at the same time and no problem.

As I said, I have not Mint here for now so I can not say anything about this, sorry, but this is my experience with another distro, CentOS 5.3: no problem!

P.S.= You have a very nice/cute avatar. Me and my 7 cats, we appreciate! :D
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Well thanks... but this really doesn't help me. Cent OS is another distro and they all have their own challenges.
This challenge is a MINT challenge as I DO use Mint and like it. I just have to get it figured out.

No controls come up in Mint during the whole audio and for me, it is very choppy.

If someone who uses MINT can help, I will much appreciate it!
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

DavidS wrote:Well thanks... but this really doesn't help me. Cent OS is another distro and they all have their own challenges.
Yes but you said you have tried with Mandriva, it's another distro too :wink: And if in other distros it works, then yes, it's a Mint or Ubuntu problem.

Let's go to the Mint challenge! :lol:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Copa360 wrote:I'm at work, so I'm on my laptop which has Ubuntu Jaunty on it, and it plays fine for me. Controls are there immediately and the audio sounded great.
Well, it's obviously a MINT challenge!
themew

Post by themew »

Hmmmm.... I had absolutely no trouble with the link using Mint 7 and clicking the LISTEN NOW link.

A pop-up box opens, and Gnome Mplayer launches in the window, caches the audio, and plays crystal clear and with no stuttering.

I'm also fairly new to Linux Mint and am quickly learning my way around, so I may not be able to move you in the right direction, but I did
want to let you know that the link and music play flawlessly.

Maybe based on my comments someone with a better knowledge of Mint 7 can direct you from here...
optimize me

Post by optimize me »

Works for me, too. Pop-up window, embedded player.. Seems to be loading super slow, but it is loading.

Are you sure you have all of/the right browser plugins installed?

Head over to UF and go through the Multimedia How-To of 2009. It's from May of this year, but it's the Jaunty edition and should be fine. It's what I used to set myself up back in June or July or whenever it was I switched to Mint.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

optimize me wrote:Works for me, too. Pop-up window, embedded player.. Seems to be loading super slow, but it is loading.

Are you sure you have all of/the right browser plugins installed?

Head over to UF and go through the Multimedia How-To of 2009. It's from May of this year, but it's the Jaunty edition and should be fine. It's what I used to set myself up back in June or July or whenever it was I switched to Mint.

I don't know if gui versions matter, but I am using XFCE 7 and yes, I get the pop-up, but I get NO controls for the audio. What plug-ins are you referring to?

Return to “Sound”