[SOLVED] Virtual Machine Manager...

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Virtual Machine Manager...

Post by invex »

Where does Virtual Machine Manager store virtual machines?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgringo619

Re: Virtual Machine Manager...

Post by ajgringo619 »

Not sure what the default location is, but you can store your VMs anywhere you want.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

It'll probably be in your /home directory: ~/ VirtualBox VMs. I always change the defaults & put them in a directory in my /DATA partition .. and swap that naughty space in the directory name for an underscore.

There was a line in the config. .xml file pointing to the default, which you could change, but I've yet to find the equivalent in the new versions. I did this to prevent VB from re-creating that pesky non-conforming and unwanted directory in my /home.
Last edited by BG405 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

BG405 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:40 pm It'll probably be in your /home directory: ~/ VirtualBox VMs. I always change the defaults & put them in a directory in my /DATA partition .. and swap that naughty space in the directory name for an underscore.
I think the OP means the one that installs with QEMU (virt-manager package), but I could be wrong.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Post by invex »

Thank you for your help.
The images are stored here /var/lib/libvirt/images/
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

invex wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:50 pm Thank you for your help.
The images are stored here /var/lib/libvirt/images/
This is the default storage pool. I would strongly recommend creating another one someone else, especially if you're using Timeshift.
invex
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] Virtual Machine Manager...

Post by invex »

Good idea.
Thank you.

Return to “Other topics”