Share your ideas on how we can get Linux Mint better known
Forum rules
No support questions here please
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Listen to users.

Post by Rtep »

I have simple but very powerful idea: Listen to your users. Linux is getting closer and closer to Microsoft Windows "philosophy..."WE KNOW BETTER" and silencing constructive criticism every time they do not like it. They calling it "negative respond". Clem removing my posts from LM block about every new release! It is common practice in these days word. Instead of discussing problem and fixing it, they simply remove that post, so others cannot discus it also. Best policy is listen to users, because happy user will spread LM "glory", removed user will tell the people on lots of forums what LM doing. Personally I thing it is the best way to do it and let others know what is going on.
motoryzen
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Listen to users.

Post by motoryzen »

Rtep wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm
I have simple but very powerful idea: Listen to your users. Linux is getting closer and closer to Microsoft Windows "philosophy..."WE KNOW BETTER" and silencing constructive criticism every time they do not like it. They calling it "negative respond". Clem removing my posts from LM block about every new release! It is common practice in these days word. Instead of discussing problem and fixing it, they simply remove that post, so others cannot discus it also. Best policy is listen to users, because happy user will spread LM "glory", removed user will tell the people on lots of forums what LM doing. Personally I thing it is the best way to do it and let others know what is going on.
--= I could not agree more. Silencing people is the wrong way of control. It's one thing if your have an idiot or too who is spouting off sheer nonsense AND vulgarity.

That has absolutely no place in an intelligent and helpful society be it in person...or on a chat form site.

In the end at the core though, it should be the right of the individual end user to decide for himself or herself if he or she wants to read or listen to another or not. Allow ALL communication = allowing 100% choice which should ALWAYS be the way of the Linux world. -=- Facts don't care about anyone's feelings. If we only acted based upon feelings, nothing would be accomplished except more debt, more destruction, less understandings, LESS learning and a metric butt ton of more confusion. --
Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Flemur »

Rtep wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm
Clem removing my posts from LM block about every new release!
I doubt that because I can find your posts on blog.linuxmint.com as well as Clem's responses to them.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep »

LOL, really? Those are old posts before Clem totally blocked me to post ANYTHING! Check if any my posts are there now. You know what? I'm going to try it today, right now. I'll be back.
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Maybe you were just being a total pain in the rear. Maybe you weren't. We can't know that. But I'm inclined to think that there's most likely a pretty cromulent reason... Clem does not strike me as the type who only wants to hear praise.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep »

YES.I was right. Just posted two words: I agree. In a few minutes my post was gone! What a hypocrisy! My finding is still standing strong. Glem just made my point more clear!
DAMIEN1307
Level 9
Level 9

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

This could be entertaining. :twisted:
ORDO AB CHAO
"I refuse to be assimilated, I refuse to become one with the Borg Collective"
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep »

So Moem, I just performed simple test to prove my points! Read it. I was right about Clem, you have today proof.
Flemur
Level 18
Level 18

Post by Flemur »

Rtep wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:00 pm
So Moem, I just performed simple test to prove my points! Read it. I was right about Clem, you have today proof.
I have the same proof that Clem also blocked all my posts, because there are none.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
antikythera
Level 6
Level 6

Post by antikythera »

Rtep wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:57 pm
YES.I was right. Just posted two words: I agree. In a few minutes my post was gone! What a hypocrisy! My finding is still standing strong. Glem just made my point more clear!
RELAX, you aren't being singled out here.

Just like to point out that fact that comments submitted to the blog are subject to approval. The fact it disappears means nothing. Mine do too UNTIL THEY ARE APPROVED, just be patient and wait. In the next 24-48 hours the post should be visible.
Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
AZgl1500
Level 14
Level 14
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

Post by AZgl1500 »

Moem wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm
Maybe you were just being a total pain in the rear. Maybe you weren't. We can't know that. But I'm inclined to think that there's most likely a pretty cromulent reason... Clem does not strike me as the type who only wants to hear praise.
Moem,
you just upped my education level :)

cro·mu·lent
  • acceptable or adequate.
  • "the continental breakfast was perfectly cromulent"
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

I think that whilst Clem may respond to (and sometimes fix) problems raised on the blog, the actual place to raise issues is on GitHub.
How have you found the experience there?
BenTrabetere
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BenTrabetere »

Moem wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm
there's most likely a pretty cromulent reason...
I am impressed that the word cromulent is part of your vocabulary. I am also impressed that you (almost) used it correctly. The more correctlier form is "perfectly cromulent." Or is there a translation quirk when going from Springfieldian to Dutch? :)

As for "listening to others," I have always thought in the LM blog was a poor location for discussions in general, and to discuss problems and technical issues specifically. These types of posts belong in the LM forums. I find the forums to be tolerant and open, as long as you abide by the rules.
antikythera
Level 6
Level 6

Post by antikythera »

BenTrabetere wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm
I have always thought in the LM blog was a poor location for discussions in general, and to discuss problems and technical issues specifically. These types of posts belong in the LM forums. I find the forums to be tolerant and open, as long as you abide by the rules.
Agree 100% with the sentiment that problems and technical issues are best discussed here. Posting feedback about new features or questions regarding them or the future of LM (as long as it makes sense with regards Clem's blog entry) is fair game though in my view.
AMSTRAD CPC6128 - 128KB RAM, 3" Hitachi Floppy Diskette Drive, External Sony Cassette Recorder, Locomotive BASIC 1.1, CTM-644 Monitor
Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

BenTrabetere wrote:
I am impressed that the word cromulent is part of your vocabulary. I am also impressed that you (almost) used it correctly. The more correctlier form is "perfectly cromulent." Or is there a translation quirk when going from Springfieldian to Dutch? :)
Probably! 'Perfectly cromulent' just sounded more absolute than I was aiming for, is all.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

As we have started discussing what is correct and what not:
BenTrabetere wrote:
The more correctlier form
Should it not be the more correct form?
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)
antikythera
Level 6
Level 6

Post by antikythera »

Yep, have some catnip ;)
BenTrabetere
Level 6
Level 6

Post by BenTrabetere »

karlchen wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:51 pm
As we have started discussing what is correct and what not:
BenTrabetere wrote:
The more correctlier form
Should it not be the more correct form?
Just trying to keep with the etymology or cromulent - correctlier would be typical for The Simpsons. :)
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep »

For all those who do not believe me: Look at these pictures! It takes only 2 minutes for Clem to remove it! Click on pictures to see DATA...date, hours and seconds! I'm fair person, I'll never try to scum you guys! This is iron clad proof. End of story. Hello, Clem.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-09-12 09-48-22.png
Screenshot from 2020-09-12 09-46-39.png
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep »

If you wonder who is fofrot...it is me, same person as rtep here. Do you want another proof? Just ask, I'll deliver.

Return to “Promotion”