Linux is a communist plot

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
tomast

Linux is a communist plot

Post by tomast »

Last edited by tomast on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrHu

Re: Linux is a communist plot

Post by DrHu »

Hah, yeah

I think the writer must mean a democratic plot.
  • This Linux problem is a growing issue, and one that conservative Americans cannot afford to ignore. Fortunately Microsoft have prepared a great deal of information to help computer users get away from this menace. But there is something you can do to help keep American #1 in the computer business:
Most (all) computers whether created or run by Americans or Europeans, just like the TV monitor industry and some types of movies and TV programs, such as animation are all produced offshore; that is a capitalist plot; hence the lack of jobs and the push back against wages

In the interest of a conspiracy theory, maybe the current financial crisis/recession was a business plot to eliminate the labor movement which had been getting uppity with business.
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

A complete and utter nutjob.
kate

Post by kate »

I am a fan of conspiracy theories. DrHu's is good.
rhY

Post by rhY »

Well in that case, label me a communist. Not that there has ever been a communism any way. Every "Communist" government so far was really fascist. Of course, after 200 years, every democracy has ended up as a fascism too. I mean, unless you really think a "communist" shot JFK in the face? Oh, and why is EVERY store in EVERY mall a corporate chain now? Is that "free" market? Is that "democracy"?

Those kinds of claims are hilarious, because 99% of the time the claimant won't even know what the word "Communism" means. LOL
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Along the same lines as this article:

I heard on the CNN News Channel . . . that Bill Gates told the media in an interview.
That in the event of National Security and its fight on terrorism, he was willing to turn over control of the internet to the American President.

Now . . . Bill Gates and M$ do not own or control the internets.
That sounds like a communist plot?
rhY

Post by rhY »

No, no, corporatism is part of FASCISM. It's a FASCIST plot. That's the whole point of what I was trying to say! Want a Fanta? So did the <violates forum rules>!
RedWagon

Post by RedWagon »

Is that site for real or is it supposed to be sarcastic? I can't really tell.
terrorblader

Post by terrorblader »

If that website is for real and not a joke then I must say that the writer is a total IDIOT :)).The things like:
"And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?"
"...rather than paying for a superior American products."
clearly show that this guy has no idea what he is talkin about :| , not to mention the chinese backdoors :))
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

Absolutely wonderful :lol: Were there Americans working at Manchester university in England where the first computer was built ?
Also love the dream ticket lists for 2012 - anything with Palin in it has got to be a looser ! Unless of course they are referring to Michael Palin - of Monty Python fame - That would get my vote if I was American, which thankfully I am not.
owweeee
Level 1
Level 1

Post by owweeee »

There we see Microsoft's hard work to create a foolproof system :)
SxFlare

Post by SxFlare »

hahah... control of the internet... good one. :D

EDIT: I really do hope that article wasn't serious...
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

Well, to be fair, Linux is quite communist. Think about it, everyone contributes in the best way that they can, programmers write code, artists design the artwork, writers document, and some users donate, and through it all Linux gets better, created by the people, for the people :-)
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

emorrp1 wrote:Well, to be fair, Linux is quite communist.
That depends on how you define the word "communist". The term has been warped and mis-defined by many, especially by poorly educated American Republicans, one of whom had designed the above website. ;-)

I would more use the word "communal" to describe Linux.
Nicki
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Nicki »

There are only two kinds of people in the whole world, either they are real Americans or they are communists.
It's so simple as it could be. :twisted:
free jazz

Post by free jazz »

'Communalist' ??
rlindsey0

Post by rlindsey0 »

free jazz wrote: 'Communalist' ??
Good word, but the cool thing is that Linux in its way is also highly individualist, which one would think would be a Good Thing for the barking sock puppets of the far right wing. (I don't view those things as necessarily antagonistic, though I guess many do.)
hoe

Post by hoe »

Linux is neither communalism nor communism. The communist is Bill Gates who like Stalin took away freedom of choice. Linux is a group of capitalists trying to give "freedom of choice" to their peers. I have heard people on these forums continuously talk of "freedom of choice" ... their is NO "freedom of choice" in communism. In the USA Obama is trying to take away Americans "freedom of choice" ... that is communism or as one poster stated probably fascism. As long as we keep talking about "freedom of choice" we aren't communists or fascists. Thankfully cloud computing will end Gate's monopoly and Bill knows it and that is why he was trying to buy Yahoo for $42Billion.

Wayne
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

Colonel Schell wrote:Sadly, there was a time when I ran in the circles that distributed this sort of crap. Then the Republican Party nominated John McCain, and I knew it was past time for me to switch allegiance to the other side. Now I'm not sure I have a political party as such. All I see is hunger for power from out-of-control egos on both sides of the aisles.

Only now I see that the future will be something else, either fascist or something that we've never seen before. My hope is that we can work things out so that a new kind of "communalism" (thanks for the term, lagagnon) emerges: perhaps it will be communism, or resemble it, but I think it will be something we haven't fully grasped yet: open source politics. However, my fear, my real fear is that we will see something terrible develop that we have seen before, but on a more massive scale.

If "they" succeed in seizing control of the Internet, which I find far-fetched, but perhaps not impossible, then I may just turn my computers off and head to the mountains and never return. I suppose it would depend on to what extent they control our activities.
This blog has been out for years. It is NOT republican, it is a silly spoof. Actually some good stuff in there. I have watched people take this seriously for years now.

Anyway, I agree with your initial thoughts about politics, they are all evil and they are all idiots. But...we elect them so I guess they are OUR idiots. :)
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

rhY wrote:No, no, corporatism is part of FASCISM. It's a FASCIST plot. That's the whole point of what I was trying to say! Want a Fanta? So did the <violates forum rules>!
I forgot to mention the Jews rule the world.
Last edited by Old Marcus on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Open Chat”