google meet or formaly hangouts

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

google meet or formaly hangouts

Post by chazb »

LM 18.3 Sylvia xfce on a 2008 Dell inspiron 1525.
So here is the problem, I am attending an online class, the instructor is using Google Meets. The video is fine but the audio is garbled. Is there a linux program out there ic can install that will clean this up?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: google meet or formaly hangouts

Post by MrEen »

Hi chazb,

Is it garbled on your end, their end, or both?
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

MrEen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07 pm Hi chazb,

Is it garbled on your end, their end, or both?
My end.
Pulse Audio will clear up 85% of it, but it also cuts off the audio in Google Meet.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Ugh! This is starting to sound like another failed attempt to code for PulseAudio.

I assume this is a browser app? Which browser are you using (insert Firefox here I'm betting) and have you tried another browser?
chazb
Level 5
Level 5

Post by chazb »

MrEen wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 pm Ugh! This is starting to sound like another failed attempt to code for PulseAudio.

I assume this is a browser app? Which browser are you using (insert Firefox here I'm betting) and have you tried another browser?
Yes it is indeed a browser app. And yes I am using Firefox. Indecations are that all would go well, if I had Chrome. But uppon checking Chrome for linux mint at https://winaero.com/install-google-chro ... x-mint-18/. it is suggested that Cromium might be a better choice. When I had LM 17 I used Chromium, and it is ok I guess.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Well, as you've used it before, you could just apt install chromium-browser and be ready really quick to test it. No outside repo needed for Chromium on 18.x
hayden

Post by hayden »

chrome works fine on mint. been using it for years

Return to “Beginner Questions”