[SOLVED]Chromium no longer available for mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

[SOLVED]Chromium no longer available for mint

Post by JTemple »

Chromium is now an empty shell in software manager. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternate. I have Firefox but need a secondary for websites that won't play nice with Firefox. Opera was just impossible with it's constant need for KeyRing password that I do not have.
Solved with a fresh, clean install of LM20.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. “- Bertrand Russell (I suspect I'm often of the stupid variety!)
revmacian
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chromium no longer available for mint

Post by revmacian »

JTemple wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 am Chromium is now an empty shell in software manager. Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternate. I have Firefox but need a secondary for websites that won't play nice with Firefox. Opera was just impossible with it's constant need for KeyRing password that I do not have.
See the Chromium topic in this blog post: https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3969
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime.
US Navy, NEC HM8404
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

I followed the instructions and installed chromium from buster, no problems.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
JTemple
Level 5
Level 5

Post by JTemple »

Unfortunately my problem seems to still be keyring and I can not seem to find a work around. I am thinking no matter what browser I use it will still want a key ring password that I do not have.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. “- Bertrand Russell (I suspect I'm often of the stupid variety!)
sleeper12
Level 21
Level 21

Post by sleeper12 »

Return to “Software & Applications”