nvidia probs, please help me out !!!!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

Hi, I think envy is not ready for newer video cards, I had a similar problem, so what i did was install AUTOMATIX and install the Nvidia driver from them, it worked Perfect, I hope that helps. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
Try typing sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and the choose vesa instead of Nvidia, have you got a Nvidia Card?
Failed GDM 915 resolution chipset is not *missed a part* with intel 800/900 chipsets...
if so have you got onboard Graphics as well? if so have you got onboard graphics disabled in bios?
If all this works try installing Nvidia as above using automatix
Have you got widescreen monitor?

Nick
Husse

Post by Husse »

Failed GDM 915 resolution chipset is not *missed a part* with intel 800/900 chipsets...
This must really be an error if you have an A7N8X mobo as it has a nvidia chipset - nforce2
I don't think you'll be sad but you'll never be able to run Vista with that :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

haha vista !! vista my ***

only joking :):)
Husse

Post by Husse »

D1Wayne wrote
husse wrote
Quote:
This must really be an error if you have an A7N8X mobo

reguarding 915resolution
it gets turned on for 6150 mobo also, I un-installed it

but am wondering if this is part of the xorg 7.2 problem and Feisty/Cassandra not catching the proper video modes
It seems reasonable - could you post the core of the problem - I simply don't have the time to investigate
I don't know if we can do anything, but...

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”