Problems uploading images to ebay and photobucket

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mort

Problems uploading images to ebay and photobucket

Post by mort »

Well here I am again... Another phone call from one of my Mint converted friends and a fruitless Mint Forum and Google search later and I can't seem to find the answers :( So here we go :)

Mint 7 install (dual boot with WinXP) on a P4 Compaq Desktop... Running flawlessly and even better than my Mint XFCE Laptop... User is a big Ebay buyer/seller... up until 4 days ago no probs... then the upload option for images died... The box comes up but no images other than downloaded internet images will show in the box... The same happens with photobucket...

Instructed user to clear cookies, cache etc... nope
Instructed user to install Opera... nope
Instructed user to boot into XP and try IE... success (damn, there goes my duff internet connection theory :!: )

A phone call to Ebay got our User nowhere... They said they'd pass it on to the tech department... that was three days ago and they haven't been in contact (apparently this is all too common with Ebay :roll: ) Support for Firefox on Linux whilst using Ebay is a big flop it seems :?

I can't get to the Users computer because my baby son and partner aren't well and I'm a tad busy... :shock:

Any help, suggestions, links or Voodoo exorcism spells gratefully received :wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Problems uploading images to ebay and photobucket

Post by lagagnon »

Try "UserAgentSwitcher" in Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

Return to “Software & Applications”