All Desktop Screenshots of 2020

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DAMIEN1307

Re: All Desktop Screenshots of 2020

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

YEP...Thats where it came from...Now go impress her of what you now know of the great artists...lol...DAMIEN
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

majpooper wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:52 pm I will go with the 3 monitor background via Nitrogen
I really like the Numix-Cinnamon-Transparent theme that make the panel inviable.
Hard to see the primary screen in the 3 monitor shot that depicts the transparent panel - so here it is

trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Show your Mint desktop!

Post by trytip »

ycooreman wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:18 pm I'm always curious what people do with their desktop :)
Here's mine.. quite minimalistic

for some it's just a hobby.
since it's a mix of technology involved with some architectural perspectives and imagination ... i'll tell you this, learning what i know was hit and miss

majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

This one of my favorite threads - I really enjoy seeing the creativity of other forum members. Trytip - quite artistic and beautiful - beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder as the saying goes. I find it interesting how these desktops run the spectrum from Sci-fi/tech/ to retro to artistic. I have one of Fabio's (a forum member) wallpaper designs on a laptop that I thought was just stunning I it's creativity.

darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Post by darkstrike »

My current desktop layout :)
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

majpooper wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:25 pm This one of my favorite threads - I really enjoy seeing the creativity of other forum members ... I have one of Fabio's (a forum member) wallpaper designs on a laptop ...
i lost the ability to port this theme to my new 19.3 cinnamon mint ssd. almost every 2 years you need to slightly re-adjust for the fowlups from developers
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

but you know what i have had a lot of nice desktops. every one i make (made they're all gone now)

trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

i worked on this quite on and off but i miss it
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Post by rossdv8 »

Mint 19.3 Xfce for End of 2020. Still waiting for Mint 20 to settle and 19.3 is still working nicely.
Still using KDE/Plasma bits to give Xfce the transparency I like on nearly all my Qt apps like Dolphin. Dolphin's side pane is hidden in this shot.
I installed the Metacity 'Rusted Darkness' theme because I liked the Window Decoration but I modified it with Big Buttons (ugly - yes - but I hate searching for invisible buttons).

Dec 2020 Rusted D.jpg
Still using a 55 inch monitor, so I have room for all the transparent Panels (quicker access to frequently used stuff and to my shell scripts that using file managers or the Menu). The bonus, and my MAIN reason for using all the panels is that with the little spaces left at the ends of the Panels I have a number of spots to scroll with my mousewheel on the desktop to switch Workspaces.

I didn't enjoy stuffing around with Conky trying to get a 'clean, simple' clock I was after that would float nicely over the top of open apps, so I replaced my bottom Panel with Cairo-Dock and enabled the Cairo-Clock plugin. It works, and it has the transparency I wanted so it can float over open apps.

Wallpaper is the island where I was living aboard my yacht until she was wrecked by a cyclone.
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet

Return to “Screenshots”