Rhythmbox. Connection to NextCloud Music

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
pixel24
Level 1
Level 1

Rhythmbox. Connection to NextCloud Music

Post by pixel24 »

Hi@all,

I have installed and set up the "Music" plugin on my NextCloud (20). This provides the backends Ampache and Subsonic.

Both backends work. I can access my music from Android using PowerAmpache (Apache backend) or DSUB (Subsonic backend), create playlists, etc.

Everything looks good.

What I have been failing at for many days now is the connection to Rhythmbox. I have not found a plug-in for Rhythmbox for Subsonic. However, there is a plug-in for Ampache. I have installed and set it up.

I entered exactly the same data (URL, user, key) as under Android. Amapche appears in the sidebar but nothing happens.

When I start the programme in the terminal, I get the following relevant messages:

Code: Select all

rhythmbox -d ampache
(17:48:00) [0x56098e95bd20] [AmpacheBrowser.update] /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/ampache/AmpacheBrowser.py:850: downloading handshake: https://cloud.mydomain.de/nextcloud/apps/music/ampache/server/xml.server.php?action=handshake&auth=**********************&timestamp=1610470080&user=me&version=350001
TypeError: do_get_status() missing 1 required positional argument: 'progress'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/ampache/AmpacheBrowser.py", line 542, in handshake_cb
    handshake['update'][0:18],
KeyError: 'update'
But I don't see where the problem is :-( Does anyone have experience with the backend?

with best
pixel24

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”