moving buttons

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

moving buttons

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Ok in gnome in go into gconf-editor and apps and geneal and metacity and buttons and tweak the text for getting buttons fromthe top right to he left.

I did this in the xfce version and nothing happens. How do I get the buttons moved? I am so programmed from all my macs to go to the top left and not right to close windows, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
richyrich

Re: moving buttons

Post by richyrich »

Hi . . :)

Menu -> Settings ->Window Manager -> Style tab . . the Button Layout is greyed out for Styles that are locked, but most Styles allow dragging the buttons around to your satisfaction.

regards . . Image
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Wow! Thanks - never knew that was there or possible!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

richyrich wrote:Hi . . :)

Menu -> Settings ->Window Manager -> Style tab . . the Button Layout is greyed out for Styles that are locked, but most Styles allow dragging the buttons around to your satisfaction.

regards . . Image
Thanks Richy, Never liked them on the left, reminds me of that other unmentionable System.
Robin

Post by Robin »

You can move panel icons around too! Just right click on an icon you want to move, and select Move. Then click on the panel where you want the icon to go. I love this customizability!
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

Robin, give Tinkerbell a break.

Return to “Xfce”