SOLVED Burning .cda (Audio CD) in Brasero

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

SOLVED Burning .cda (Audio CD) in Brasero

Post by David Hunter »

Hi fellow Mintees, :lol:

I am trying to burn an audio CD (old fashioned .cda files) from my mp3 collection so that my mum can play the CD in her old CD player.
So I opened up Brasero and clicked Audio CD, inserted the tracks, and clicked burn. It's been stuck for the last three hours, saying "Normalizing tracks".

Is this normal? About how long is it meant to take?

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)
lagagnon

Re: Burning .cda (Audio CD) in Brasero

Post by lagagnon »

Hmmm, don't know but try launching "brasero" from a terminal and see if you get more verbose error messages and if so, post them to this thread.
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by David Hunter »

Thanks for your reply.
No messages whatsoever when opened via terminal. It just opens up the GUI and then it all works as normal until it hangs on 'normalizing tracks'.
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)
rhodry
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rhodry »

You can try going to the Brasero menu under:

Edit ---> Plugins

and disable the normalize plugin.

I am not sure what this will do to the sound quality of your cd; but, my understanding of 'normalize' is that leaving it off means that the volume on each track will be as recorded. So when playing the cd, you may be having to move the volume control up & down a lot?!

I use k3b for all burning (even under Gnome) so I don't know why it is hanging but this should stop it!

Rhodry.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by David Hunter »

Hi rhodry,

Disabled the plug-in and it works now.
I'll give k3b a go soon.

Thanks for the advice.
Thanks beyecixramd!

Return to “Software & Applications”