Sound issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Sound issues

Post by Husse »

i have sound if i plug my speakers into the jack but not when i plug my HDTV in
That sounds (pun intended) absurd
I'd check the stereo jacks you use
Have you had it working earlier?
If so I see no reason why it should not work now
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
krcrouse

Post by krcrouse »

Hello,

I have the same problem - and it is recent. I have been using Mint 7 x64 since it came out, and ASAIK the sound problems started around the same time apt-get upgraded to the 2.6.28 kernel. If I choose the older 2.6.27-7 kernel, I have speaker sound again. I hadn't thought to check the headphone jack plug, but it works.

I do not have a fix for the situation at the moment and created this forum account to see what others have to say.

I suspect this is also the same issue as this thread:

Sound coming from box and through headphones
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... A6#p206756

lscpi Audio Devices:
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)

Kevin Crouse
Mint 7 Gloria x64
HP dv2 12.1" laptop
AMD Dual-Core
ATI Radeon 34xx series
Husse

Post by Husse »

@ krcrouse
If you read the first post you'd seen that it is a different (very different) problem than yours. Please open a new topic for your problem

Return to “Beginner Questions”