Wine "Program" submenu not in Mint menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rlindau
Level 2
Level 2

Wine "Program" submenu not in Mint menu

Post by rlindau »

I've just installed Mint 8, and Wine 1.1.31 (which I had been running previously on Mint 7).

The Wine "program" submenu doesn't show up in my Mint menu (although it DOES appear in the Gnome "main menu").

I've confirmed that the "display" checkbox is selected in the Gnome menu preferences (toggled the selection on and off, but with no apparent difference). I've rebooted a couple times since the Wine (and application, e.g., Quicken) install.

Any idea what I need to do for the Wine program submenu to show up?

Thanks, Rob L
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rlindau
Level 2
Level 2

Other submenus not in Mint menu (not just a Wine-related iss

Post by rlindau »

I found a second example of my issue (submenus not appearing in Mint Menu, although they're in the Gnome Main Menu)...

I just installed gnome-games using Synaptic. The install put some games under the top-level "Games" category, but others under a "Logic" subcategory.

In the Mint menu,the "logic" subcategory doesn't show up at all. The games in the top-level "games" category appear, but the "logic" subcategory and the games in it do not appear. I can see the subcategory and the games under it in the gnome main menu (as well as in the gome main menu prefernces preferences, where the category is tick-marked to be displayed), but not in the Mint menu.

Although the problem may be peculiar to me (but I had done a clean install of Mint 8 and have done no configuration changes), I begin to suspect a Mint Menu problem with subcategories / submenus.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Regards, Rob L
pada

Re: Wine "Program" submenu not in Mint menu

Post by pada »

Same thing I was unable to find how to make submenus appear, the only way seems to move submenu at the level of menu wich is not convenient: the menu list grows too long
Elthium
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Elthium »

Just checked mine and it's fine. Needed a reboot though if it's any help.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

I've since gone back to the traditional menu as MintMenu seems a bit buggy. Not only do some apps not work when clicked, but as reported here, the submenus do not appear for Wine. I rebooted and no sub menu. I reloaded plugins, no submenu. I removed MintMenu from the panel and then put it back, no submenu. I reloaded plugins again, and got most of the submenu. The 'Programs" folder is missing in my case...

Traditional Menu:

MintMenu:

Jeff91

Post by Jeff91 »

I can also report that submenus do not work for me under Mint 8 with my CXGames install.

~Jeff
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

A fix has been released!

Check for updates and a new MintMenu (4.9.1) is available. Works perfectly now:

Thanks, Clem!
rlindau
Level 2
Level 2

Post by rlindau »