910 is the pits... Mint is better...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dragonspirit

910 is the pits... Mint is better...

Post by Dragonspirit »

I've got 910 on this hd... It wasn't ready for distro... Saved passwords vanish, sometimes it can't find its OS.. it loses itself, same as how the Ubuntu forum is run, unchecked "keep aligned" checks itself on reboot.. It runs like "a doggie chasing its own tail, and bumping into things in the process, and losing parts of itself"... There's something critically wrong with the Ubuntu forum authority people.. they seem to be in a tight little box, and liking it.. They seem to live behind blinders, locked into a mild massive anti-reality pro-insanity cage...

On the other hand, Mint seems to breathe and beat freely with the user... Mint is made by genius and love... Mint feels like U-904 reworked by real humans, maybe "Indigo's", whilst raw Ubuntu feels like it's monkeys, gorillas, and apes, all running around screaming at the sky, tossing their turds at each other for fun and sport... I have no option but to dump 910, in favor of jumping back up to Mint G-7... 910 was like taking a little unexpected tumble... They even killed Zylap.. Who would want to kill Zylap..? I bets some Ubuntu-"god" thought he saw a frightening monster in Zylap, and now he's protecting us, saving us, from seeing scary stuff, like he is "softly airbagging us from experiencing any of his harsh frightful imaginative non-reality dreams", like how the world's crazy-books were created, to enforce insanity, to maintain the monkey masses numb, mindless, and stupid, as perpetual meal herd and food crop...

Can anyone guess when there might be a Mint-910..? Let me guess.. "Some time after the many bugs are fixed in 910"...
It will be a pleasure to have the Mint modifications in the Ubuntu 910... What will it be called..? I hope it's based on blues and reds, and golds and silvers...

Have you seen how the the background handling software works in 910..? You can't delete the images.. you must load your thousand background pix one at a time.. is why I dumped 910 ten-minutes after I bumped into that mess... In some ways, 910 acts too much like a Windows OS...
If I wins this Friday's $50-mil lotto, I'll be creating "Linux Dragon, Blue Base-1k", in a climate controlled room, full of the world's best nitrogen-cooled computers, best desks, best chairs, best coffee, best babes, best music, best Linux geniuses, best satellite reception... If I don't, I'll be raking that fat-guy's lawn on the weekend at 25-bucks an hour, in the winter...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: 910 is the pits... Mint is better...

Post by lagagnon »

I have no problems at all with Ubuntu 9.10 here. Which is good because Mint 8 will be 95% based on Ubuntu 9.10 anyways...
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

I tried U 9.10 x64 on a Acer Aspire 4520 w/ AMD Turion 64 chip and Nvidia graphics and it works remarkably well on that, all extra functions work great, even works the wifi led properly. So with that being the case I moved on over to the Dell 531s w/AMD Duron 64 chip and ATI HD2400 graphics and it can't get to a good solid desktop, always has a bug report notification (the bugs are different each of three attempts), it found the LG 22" screen res. right off the bat, but not getting to a solid desktop is definitly no fun. It may be that the 64 bit release doesn't play well with a AMD Duron, doubt it a ATI issue as what's there looks good just not all processes in place. I'll try the 32bit version tonight on that and see if it's a 64bit issue, but the Dell runs on Mint 7 x64 flawlessly.

MaddogF16
Last edited by MaddogF16 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

lagagnon wrote:I have no problems at all with Ubuntu 9.10 here. Which is good because Mint 8 will be 95% based on Ubuntu 9.10 anyways...

How does that compare and parallel with "humans being 97% water"..?
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

"Dell runs Mint 7 64bit flawlessly."

I can't get Dell's to even install Mint.. I started to believe that Dell's were incompatible with Ubuntu.. I had to install the Dell's hd in a different tower, then install the loaded hd into the Dell.. but I haven't tried a 64 yet... What are the very best, most compatible towers and cards for Mint..?

I'd like to know the makes of mother boards and hd's that Ubuntu and Mint were created on... I'd like to see pix of those boards in a Mint thread...
I'd like to see a thread that shows pix of All the desks, and room, and computers, that Ubuntu and Mint were created on...
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

It installed fine and ran fine other than not finding the LG 22" screen res. right off the bat, but I attribute that more to the ATI chipset.

Have an older Dell that the kids play on and yeah that things a monster trying to get Mint 7 on, actually run PCLOS Gnome on that one, but the 531s is only a year old desktop. Haven't even got close to trying Ubuntu 9.10 x86 on the older Dell.
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

Now that you've had time with 910, do you still think 910 is a good OS.. or have you long ago gone back to Mint, for many reasons..?
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Running them both, no problems here, may just be lucky.
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

I suppose you don't have much to do with pix editing...
Probably mostly into games, tunes, peer to peer, and video...

I found that 910 handles pix about as good as W98 did... I switched ten hd's to Mint-7, then to 910, then hurriedly back to Mint...
Running 910 gave the same chills, and ground-up feelings, I gets when I runs a Windows OS...
The Mint people add love and life to Ubuntu...
910 feels like a Windows person got in at the controls... 910 feels like "an invisible microslerp-demon is in the page"...
Mint feels like it breathes and beats with me...
910 got hacked twice, and crashed 5-times in 3-days...
mick55

Post by mick55 »

"910 got hacked twice, and crashed 5-times in 3-days"
Don't worry Dragonspirit, you're not paranoid.
They really are out to get you. :o
FedoraRefugee

Post by FedoraRefugee »

Dragonspirit wrote:I suppose you don't have much to do with pix editing...

I found that 910 handles pix about as good as W98 did... I switched ten hd's to Mint-7, then to 910, then hurriedly back to Mint...
Running 910 gave the same chills, and ground-up feelings, I gets when I runs a Windows OS...
The Mint people add love and life to Ubuntu...
910 feels like a Windows person got in at the controls... 910 feels like "an invisible microslerp-demon is in the page"...
Mint feels like it breathes and beats with me...
910 got hacked twice, and crashed 5-times in 3-days...
EWWWWW!!! :oops:
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Dragonspirit wrote:I suppose you don't have much to do with pix editing...
Good piece of advise here for ya Dragonspirit, "Don't make assumptions of those you don't know", your assumption of me is 100% incorrect and I refuse to engage in any talks with you from now on.

MaddogF16
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

How do you find 910's pix handling and editing..?

I find it the pits... It made me feel like I was back into a horrid Windows OS, just after a few minutes trying to set my pix to background... In a fevered rush, I reloaded all my 910 hd's back to Mint-7, then tossed the 910 CD in the trash... I figure 910 might be ok in about a year.. maybe never..? I'll try 910 again in three months, on a spare hd from the drawer full of spare hd's...

I installed 910 in a few friends PC's, and in my 90's mum's PC... They were experiencing a lot of crashes and grief with 910... I had to rush around the city, fixing their hd's back to Mint...
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

I don't understand when I see posts here bashing Ubuntu, and praising Mint at the same time. Most of the time when there is a bug in Ubuntu it's also in Mint. Mint is directly based on Ubuntu. It makes no logical sense to complain about how terrible one is, and how great the other one is. The two are more alike than not alike. I just don't get it. :?
Tithis

Post by Tithis »

I've never really had a bad experience with Ubuntu or Linux Mint <_< With each new version I generally only saw improvements being made and better support for my hardware.
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

mick55 wrote:
"910 got hacked twice, and crashed 5-times in 3-days"
Don't worry Dragonspirit, you're not paranoid.
They really are out to get you. :o

I know... and don't care in the slightest... They must stop me from exposing their lies... They fear truth more than they fear death itself... But it's too late.. All the truth is out now.. they are defending an empty bag...
I got three of them who tried... and my RCMP buds got the two who crossed the border with weapons and explosives in their armored PU's doors...
I saw them approaching a thou-miles away... We've got them in nice cages here across the border from hell... We feed them well enough, and they get their exercise, but they aren't permitted any sharp objects in the zoo... They can't crash Mint... Mint is made for real people... They aren't real... They are merely figments of their imaginations...

How goes the war Mick..? Are you winning, or healing..?

Maddog.. You missed... You have no choice but to read this... Grin and bare it warrior...

Life and Love is one big dogfight if you jog with the helmet on your head... So what if I was wrong..? You are unscathed... Behind every miss is another opportunity to do it worse.. but two worses don't make a right...
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

Lantesh wrote: The two are more alike than not alike. I just don't get it."
Agreed... But..
Run 910... Try to add a thousand-pix to the background...
Things like: Click up a browser, then while it's loading click Home files, then click files off while files is loading.. "Crash!"...
Click anything up while something is loading, and it might freeze up... 910 isn't stable yet... It needs a lot of work... It ain't bad.. it's just the pits when it screws up so easy and so much, in older towers... Maybe in new towers it's ok..? but right now it gives me the same painful feelings I got with running Windows 98... I trust my feelings...

910 is good, and a bit better than 904, but it's too full of unresolved glitches to be ready for public download... 910 is still experimental...
If you get slammed by three 910's glitches in a half hour, it can really piss you off, after being accustomed to glitch-free Mint...
And I'm sure after they solves all the 910 problems, and the Mint Wizards do their thing with it, we will surely have the best of the best...
plutus

Post by plutus »

running 910 on a dell laptop...it's really ok! at the point that I'm asking myself if it's worth shifting to Mint 8 (after having used mint 7 before installing 910)...
plutus

Post by plutus »

well, I reply at my own posted: I've installed Helena on a partition and...it's simply better than karmic. Can't explain why, but everything runs just better! However, I prefer the style of the new ubuntu, Mint is becoming quite repetitive...
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

plutus wrote:well, I reply at my own posted: However, I prefer the style of the new ubuntu, Mint is becoming quite repetitive...
I know I shouldn't drag on this obviously ridiculous thread, but I'll bite here. Style?...really? Just change the theme. Pick one of the two distros, and change the theme. :roll:

Return to “Beginner Questions”