Mint 8 on a Mac Mini

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deleted

Mint 8 on a Mac Mini

Post by deleted »

Hi guys. I'm trying to breathe new life into a 3-4 year old Mac mini. It's an Intel dual core 1.6 ghz cpu with 2 gigs of ram. I *think* that Leopard is too much of a resource hog for the hardware so I installed Mint 8. Mint 8 went on like a charm. So then I install VMPlayer 3.0 (to replace Parallels). Normally VMPlayer is really snappy (even more so than VirtualBox), and this is still the case. What I need to do is offer the apple bluetooth to XP in the XP guest hosted by VMPlayer. It seems that when I do this, the Gnome bluetooth icon flashes and VMPlayer's icon flashes like they are in a tug of war ;) VMPlayer finally gives up. I have no problem offering a bluetooth dongle to the XP session, it seems it's just the apple bluetooth. I've googled around, but most hits are VMWare fusion running XP from OS X. (Which really isn't helpful since that's not what I'm doing). I was about to uninstall bluez but when the dongle worked, I thought there must be something else going on?
Any ideas/help/criticism would be greatly appreciated ;)

-Hinto
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deleted

Re: Mint 8 on a Mac Mini

Post by deleted »

I gave up and just put a dongle in...
Check this out....

Dell 760 (Core 2 Quad, 8 gigs ram)- Linux Mint 7 x64, pointing to Karmic in sources.list
VMPlayer 3 running XP 64 (Solely for Flex Developer 3 and Flex Development)

Dell 740 (Athlon Dual Core, 4 gigs ram)- Linux Mint 7 x64, no changes.
VMPlayer 3 running XP (to run internal company processes)
Installed NX Server and controlled by my Dell 760 using NX Client

Mac Mini (Dual Core 1.6ghz, 2 gigs ram)- Linux Mint 8.
VMPlayer 3 running XP (to synch my phone with outlook)
Installed NX Server and controlled by my Dell 760 using NX Client

This is what I call making technology work;)

-Hinto

Return to “Hardware Support”