Weird Task Bar

Show off your customized Linux Mint desktop!
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gualicho32
Level 2
Level 2

Weird Task Bar

Post by Gualicho32 »

Why is it showing two sound icons? Does anybody know? :?:
Attachments
Screenshot at 2022-03-09 16-58-09.png
Screenshot at 2022-03-09 16-58-09.png (5.28 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
surfer57
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Weird Task Bar

Post by surfer57 »

You might inform us to what version of Linux Mint you have installed (e.g. Cinnamon, Mate, etc)?

You might try going into Applets, under Manage, type in sound in the search bar and see how many sound applets are showing. If more than one, you might consider removing by highlighting and clicking the minus (-) sign at the bottom.

If you are running Mate, you might also want to look at this post viewtopic.php?t=339652
Restrictive EULAs launched the search for the perfect alternative. So, yeah, thanks for that..........
billyswong
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Weird Task Bar

Post by billyswong »

I see this occasionally too (Mate desktop here). The problem stem from there are now both "Notification Area" and "XApp Status Applet" on panel, serving similar yet slightly different functions. Normally, sound icon and network icon shall appear in "XApp Status Applet" only, but sometimes due to some unknown race condition, it also appear in the old "Notification Area".

I ended up not bothering with those clumsy commands that may or may not work reliably mentioned in @surfer57's link. Since this occur immediately after one switch on the computer and login, I just click logout and re-login again. The race condition will then be gone and everything back to normal.

Return to “Screenshots”