Banshee not connecting to ipod

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ruthy

Banshee not connecting to ipod

Post by ruthy »

i just did a fresh install and then installed banshee. Last time i did this as soon as the ipod was plugged in it showed up in Banshee but now it just wont show up.
i tried loging out and loging back in after connecting the ipod, but this didn't help ither.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Banshee not connecting to ipod

Post by Husse »

I just found this topic and made it sticky - hope it helps
ruthy

Post by ruthy »

Thanks for that, but there is no mention of Banshee not showing up a plugged in ipod. I just can't get Banshee to detect it.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ah - much to read there
I found that this is a bug because of the switch from HAL to device-kit
Found a workaround
Start banshee, open a terminal and issue: nautilus -q
Then plug in your iPod and mount the iPod through nautilus - Banshee then picks up the iPod.
From here
ruthy

Post by ruthy »

Thank you for taking the time to find that for me, you obviously had more success than I.
As requested i typed i typed nautilus -q (exactly like that) into the terminal, but it gave me this response: (nautilus:5869): Eel-CRITICAL **: eel_preferences_get_boolean: assertion `preferences_is_initialized ()' failed

Why is it saying failed?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Oh no - you can't use that in Helena - there's some change to Nautilus
I'll see if I can find a solution
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well the q option is not important - it's just quiet, Do not complain if no processes were killed.
Simply use killall nautilus (I've seen killall -9 but I still have to figure out what that is) and hope that's it
Sorry for not answering that immediately, it's very easy to find out
Banshee is supposed to work with an Ipod.....

Return to “Software & Applications”