Zoom video delay in LMDE 5

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mcavoyr
Level 1
Level 1

Zoom video delay in LMDE 5

Post by mcavoyr »

Follow-up to below post: I was surprised that with over 100 reads, no one else apparently has tried to use Zoom on LMDE5! Since posting I continued to work on this issue. I Learned that Zoom supports Fedora, but not Wayland. So I installed Fedora 37 on the subject computer, using the X.org version of KDE Plasma, and again the Zoom website download file for that app. This fixes the delay problem, but I have no idea why LMDE5 does have the delay. I guess you need to work on that! I really like and prefer LMDE5, so will check back and hope you can overcome this problem. I would not consider this as a resolved issue, even though I am functional for now with Fedora.

I am experiencing a video delay in Zoom on my recently installed LMDE 5. There is about a 1 second delay from an on-camera action at my host location until I see the action in the Zoom window. For comparison, I have not seen this before and it is not present in my Zoom installation on another computer with LMDE 4. Perhaps someone can help me. Here is all the information I have: The problem is on an Intel NUC computer that has LMDE 5 dual-booted along with a recent installation of Windows 11. The Win 11 has Zoom 5.12.9 and that works perfectly without delay. My other computer is a home-built with Windows 10 running Zoom OK, and dual-booted with LMDE 4 running Zoom 5.12.6 without delay. My first installation of Zoom on the NUC with LMDE 5 was also Zoom 5.12.9 from Flatpak. Since that had the delay, I uninstalled the Flatpak and installed a new instance of Zoom 5.13.3 using a file download from Zoom and Zoom's installation process. Everything went OK and Zoom works, but there is the delay. FYI, I have been using and hosting on Zoom for several years without issues. Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”