Linux wubi

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andrewan

Linux wubi

Post by andrewan »

I tried Wubi a few days ago (a program that sets Ubuntu up like a Windows program and forms a dual boot) and I loved it.
However, I only had it for a day, and then it stopped working. I didn't do any coding or anything, but I did install a lot of things...
Anyway, that aside, I was wondering if I got a full version (without Windows Vista as a dual boot) of Ubuntu Linux, would it be more stable? Would my sound work? Would pretty much everything work if I had all the cards and drivers?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Linux wubi

Post by gn2 »

Wubi is a parasitic fudge, a proper dual-boot is a much better option.
I would suggest trying Mint rather than Ubuntu though......
myspacecommassergio

Re: Linux wubi

Post by myspacecommassergio »

I booted off a USB into the MINT LIVE SESSION

I have a guide up for doing it. It took less than 15min to do everything to set it up for a dual boot.

Remember for Wubi Add or Remove Programs in windows and check if ubuntu is still there... you didn't by any chance system restore windows to a date before you installed ubuntu via wubi, now did you?

-Don't use Wubi for Linux Mint 8 I've heard that it's not compatible, if it is, then someone post your feed back.

Either way Dual booting is better faster and stuff.

Programs I recomend you download for Windows if you ever (for what ever reason) take Linux Mint 8 off

-EasyBCD <--- that will restore your Windows Vista Boatloader in 1 CLICK

Trust me your going to need it for times when you uninstall Mint (becuase it will mess with your Windows boatloader) or some stuff like that.

It saves you from having to go into the recovery CD to restore the boatloader its a good program(for windows).

Return to “Sound”