Helena KDE CE update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Helena KDE CE update

Post by JoeFootball »

Sheepeh wrote:
Kendall wrote:Honestly I'd rather do too much testing than not enough.
Agreed. While it probably is "good enough" for most members here to use, once you start saying "Oh, it's good enough. We'll sort anything else out later!" it's a slippery slope.

Much respect to all that've put work in to making sure everything works as it's supposed to and resisted the temptation to just put it out because it mostly works and we're all awaiting it. I'll be upgrading my KDE Mint 7 to 8 as soon as it goes "final" (Indeed, I'll probably get antsy and install the RC from my MP3 player as I only have one spare writeable DVD!).

I'm just glad that you guys are making sure Mint's reputation doesn't get tarnished through "Doing a *buntu" and letting silly bugs through when you know the fixes!
Agreed! Sticking with Mint 7 KDE for a week or two more (or however long it takes) in order to get a best-that-it-can-be Mint 8 KDE is totally acceptable in my book. As a matter of fact, I've come to expect this disposition of the Mint dev team, and it's one of the reasons why I chose Mint.

If I wanted a buggy product sooner, Kubuntu has been readily available. Instead, I shall patiently wait for a polished Mint 8 KDE.

Joe
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Is the release candidate likely to have any changes to the final?
pug

Post by pug »

If it's being shipped as a release candidate usually the hope is that it will be the same as the final release. Having said that with most software releases there are some small changes between RC's and final releases, though Boo has already stated few pages back that any changes between RC and Final should be possible to apply via update instead of reinstall.
kage

Post by kage »

Hi everybody,

I want to thank everybody in the dev team for finalising the RC. It has been an enormous job!

A big hand to you all!

kage
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

What mirror(s) (if any) is it on?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

blazemore, the last 3 RC's that I have installed, all have been updated to Stable through mintUpdate (levels 1 & 2), I have never had to re-install from an RC Candidate in Mint !
Last edited by richyrich on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

humble_phenom

Post by humble_phenom »

Downloading it right now. I can't believe the timing on this. My parts for my build is suppose to be coming in today. Can't wait to test out.
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

Have fun with it guys. I really kind of wish Boo was here to give her a fair sendoff.

EDIT: I'm guessing someone saw the Twitter post and started doing some digging. I haven't seen anything official yet.

EDIT 2: Release notes aren't even up yet. Sheesh.
Last edited by Kendall on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Here's a torrent.
If you've already downloaded from the mirror, please point this at your iso.

- - - - - = = = = = TORRENT DELETED = = = = = - - - - -
Last edited by blazemore on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

Installing the 32bit version in vmware, will wait for the 64bit iso for my laptop.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Can't seem to utilise my entire connection at the moment.
Can some people who have downloaded it please help me seed?
olligod

Post by olligod »

blazemore wrote:Can't seem to utilise my entire connection at the moment.
Can some people who have downloaded it please help me seed?
Yes Sir,
My KTorrent is up and seeding - no uploading activity just yet - we still seem to be before the "rush" that I hope will come.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

I've got 2 people, my total upload speed is around 220kb/s at the moment. Maybe the university is running an off-site backup.
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

I am now seeding.... No one connected ATM though.
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

olligod wrote:we still seem to be before the "rush" that I hope will come.
I'm guessing the "rush" will happen when there's an official statement of some sort.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Except nobody will be using the torrent.
Can someone who's not on a fiddly netbook please put this on a well known torrent site such as TPB?
Husse

Post by Husse »

When the announcement is made we often seed from one of our servers (so we're talking lots of Mb/s :))
Airdack

Post by Airdack »

I am using the torrent right now :) ... but only 2 seeders, oh well :P speed seems decent for now (150KB/s)

Return to “Software & Applications”