Helena KDE CE update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blazemore

Re: Helena KDE CE update

Post by blazemore »

Husse wrote:When the announcement is made we often seed from one of our servers (so we're talking lots of Mb/s :))
Will you seed on this torrent, it will have a fairly well-established swarm by then.
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

blazemore wrote:
Husse wrote:When the announcement is made we often seed from one of our servers (so we're talking lots of Mb/s :))
Will you seed on this torrent, it will have a fairly well-established swarm by then.
I have my up throttled to 500K so I don't get my connection killed. :) But my up is being taken completely. I see 3 seeders.
tank116

Post by tank116 »

I will seed this for a few days and set my upload to unlimited this should help spread it around a bit :mrgreen: !
drewkeller

Post by drewkeller »

I checked a few other mirrors and they aren't up yet. torrent is faster. only 2 seeders, but more peers are coming on, so speed is 150k-300k.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Thanks guys. Please be patient and seed this to 1.0 before you reboot to install. Thanks!
Lin-Unix

Post by Lin-Unix »

Historically, how long does a Linux Mint KDE distro take to go from RC to stable?
tank116

Post by tank116 »

I will try to hold off on installing it to seed this for a whole day first since i only have one computer
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

blazemore wrote:
Seeding, what's the protocol? Ratio of 1:1 or twenty four hours?
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

It would be nice to give back what you took, so at least ratio 1:1
If you have a netbook or another machine to seed on, do it while it's installing.
bobcollard

Post by bobcollard »

blazemore wrote:It would be nice to give back what you took, so at least ratio 1:1
If you have a netbook or another machine to seed on, do it while it's installing.
I already did that, kept off the Internet until downloading was done. Now at .47 Ratio, thanks. Seeding to eleven right now. I'll probably stay on past 1 :1
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Thanks a lot.
Could this become the "official" torrent for the RC?
It would save everyone adding a new one.
Airdack

Post by Airdack »

Well i put my iso on a usb stick (downloaded from the torrent) and it didnt work ... just a black screen after I choose whatever option (boot or install or check dvd) ... so I will try to re-download it from the ftp, and if it still doesnt work then I think this RC will not work on my pc! I will keep you guys updated ....
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

I am uploading until about 5:1. I am at 2.82 now.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

I'm very sorry to announce this, but I uploaded the wrong torrent to this site. MD5 does not match.
I'm sorry to waste everyone's time and bandwidth.
Sheepeh

Post by Sheepeh »

Airdack wrote:Well i put my iso on a usb stick (downloaded from the torrent) and it didnt work ... just a black screen after I choose whatever option (boot or install or check dvd) ... so I will try to re-download it from the ftp, and if it still doesnt work then I think this RC will not work on my pc! I will keep you guys updated ....
I grabbed it from the FTP server at 1.5MB/s, and used unetbootin to copy it across to a USB drive. I booted that and installed just fine. I'm now updating and installing nvidia drivers etc.
tonyric

Post by tonyric »

blazemore wrote:I'm very sorry to announce this, but I uploaded the wrong torrent to this site. MD5 does not match.
I'm sorry to waste everyone's time and bandwidth.
My md5 matches, so I am continuing the seeding.
blazemore

Post by blazemore »

Really?
Oh well maybe I just copied it across my LAN wrong. That's good.
Airdack

Post by Airdack »

Ok I downloaded the iso again, tried to install it from USB and later from a DVD, still the same problem ... I get to the menu where I can choose if I want to run Mint, install, check DVD etc ... whatever I choose, i get to see some letters about stuff loading, a lot of dots appear (part of the loading process) and then it just goed black screen and I can wait forever, nothing will happen anymore.

Strange thing is, right now I am running Mint8 main on this laptop without a hitch, and Mint 7 KDE also worked fine ... as did OpenSUSE 11.2! So Mint8 KDE RC1 is the only one I have problems with :(

my specs: (its a laptop)

Computer
Processor 2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
Memory 2060MB (356MB used)
Operating System Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition

Display
Resolution 1440x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation

Multimedia
Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
zzillezz

Post by zzillezz »

Mint 8 KDE is installing on my desktop as I type this, I've been waiting for this for a long time, thanks :-)
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

@Airdack: I know it's rare that you would get a bad download twice in a row, but what is the MD5 you're getting?

Return to “Software & Applications”