Weird Colors on Log-out/shutdown Mint Logo After Update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
krt

Weird Colors on Log-out/shutdown Mint Logo After Update

Post by krt »

After updating the last week, the Mint logo which appears briefly on the screen during shutdown is totally messed up; it is a strange mixture of red, blue, etc., and looks very odd.

Now this is obviously not a major problem; it does not interfere with the the operation of the distro, but I cannot help but wonder if anyone else has run into this situation?

Is there any way to change things so that one never even sees the Mint screen when one shuts down, but simply goes to the dark screen?

Thanks,

krt
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Weird Colors on Log-out/shutdown Mint Logo After Update

Post by Husse »

Only shutdown?
It's usually both boot and shutdown that's affected
krt

Post by krt »

I should have noted above that I only updated levels 1 and 2 when this happened since they seem to include the flash, java, firefox, etc., updates.

Now then, you say:
Only shutdown?
It's usually both boot and shutdown that's affected
Why does it do that and is there any "fix"

Thanks,

krt
krt

Post by krt »

If there is no fix, is there any way to change the bootup and shutdown so that it is done just in white text on black screen rather than with the green mint logo screens; e.g., like recovery mode looks like, except that my recovery mode does not work . . . :-(

Thanks,

krt
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well if your recovery mode does not work there is something seriously wrong with your system
Has it ever worked?
I'll look into this later - no time today
krt

Post by krt »

Yes, it looked fine until I did some recent level 1 and 2 updates.

krt
Husse

Post by Husse »

krt wrote:Yes, it looked fine until I did some recent level 1 and 2 updates.

krt
That would not cause recovery mode to stop working and the graphics problem you have
Open mintupdate and check the logs for the latest updates - unfortunately there is no way to save the log (at least not in Gloria may have changed in Helena)
See if there's anything related to grub, the kernel and similar

Return to “Software & Applications”