[SOLVED] Hot Corner hiding, but not un-hiding on 2nd mouse-over

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SilenceIsG0lden
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] Hot Corner hiding, but not un-hiding on 2nd mouse-over

Post by SilenceIsG0lden »

I set my Hot Corners to show the desktop. On my PC, which still has LM 19.3, the mouse-over works to show the desktop, and then, on second mouse-over, it restores the previous window on top.

As in: quickly shrinking all windows, peek at the desktop, and then resume work.

On none of my 21.1 systems does the second part work. I've searched around here, but could only find a solution from 2014, before the Hot Corners were integrated into Cinnamon.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: It's even odder, as I just realized: apparently every window gets 1 chance at peeking! As in: every window I had open (two different browsers and Nemo) worked as expected ONCE, I peeked at the desktop and then was able to get the window back up by moving my mouse into the corner again. But if I want to repeat this, it doesn't work, not right away nor after a few minutes.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM 21.1 cinnamon on PC built by myself in 2008
LM 21.3 cinnamon on Macbook Air
Living in Linux Mint land since 2020, after decades on Microsoft (from DOS to Win7).
SilenceIsG0lden
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hot Corner hiding, but not un-hiding on 2nd mouse-over

Post by SilenceIsG0lden »

Fascinating: suddenly, after a month and more of updates - the hot corners function again as intended!

Thanks to whomever fixed it.
LM 21.1 cinnamon on PC built by myself in 2008
LM 21.3 cinnamon on Macbook Air
Living in Linux Mint land since 2020, after decades on Microsoft (from DOS to Win7).

Return to “Cinnamon”